In one of our previous posts, How can I get a scholarship to study abroad. , we dealt with too many questions that have to do with finding the right scholarship for you, and in another post, we listed Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students.
Here are some tips on how to win a Fulbright scholarship.
The Fulbright Scholarship is a foreign student program that enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States at US universities or other academic institutions.
It was designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.
Participants are chosen based on their academic merit and leadership potential, with the opportunity to study, teach and conduct research, exchange ideas, and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns.
The Fulbright Program is an important element of the United States’ bilateral relations with countries around the world. The United States and foreign governments jointly set priorities for trade.
Who is eligible for the Fulbright scholarship?
Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country. Click here: Country Specific Websites to find specific information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
10 Step By Step Procedures To Apply For A Fulbright Scholarship In All Countries
The Fulbright scholarship program application process is long and rigorous, but prospective applicants are encouraged to carefully consider their intentions, goals, future plans, and potential projects before applying for a Fulbright grant.
Applicants to faculty and scholar exchange programs may also need to consider additional work-related issues (such as campus leave policies) before applying.
- Please contact your school advisor to discuss the campus application process (only applies to candidates applying through a US institution).
- Carefully review the program summary for the country you are applying to.
- Draft a Grant Purpose Statement that is feasible and culturally appropriate for the country of application.
- Identify a potential affiliation in the host country and contact a suitable person who can serve as an advisor and who can write the Letter of Affiliation for the Fulbright application. Provide the author of the affiliation letter with a copy of your Grant Statement of Purpose.
- Draft a personal statement that provides selection committee members with a more complete picture of who you are and what motivated you to pursue this Fulbright opportunity.
- Check with professors and/or colleagues with a background in the country to which you are applying or with those who have experience in the field of study of the proposed project.
- Solicit criticism on the draft. Statement of purpose of a grant from faculty, advisors, mentors, colleagues, etc., and make revisions as appropriate.
- Contact 3 people to write recommendations. These people should be the ones who can best speak about your ability to carry out the proposed project. You must provide a copy of your Grant Purpose Statement to each recommender.
- For candidates submitting foreign language assessments: Contact the teacher or other professional foreign language instructor who will complete the foreign language assessment form for the application.
- Obtain transcripts from each postsecondary institution attended.
Before you apply
- Make any necessary revisions based on feedback from the Campus Interview Committee (which applies only to candidates applying to a US institution).
- Check for typos: misspellings, capitalization errors, grammatical errors, etc.
- Please ensure that all required fields on the Biographical Information pages have been completed, including the Project Title and Proposal Summary sections.
- Please ensure that the Grant Purpose Statement, Personal Statement, and Transcripts have been uploaded in the correct sections of the application.
- Confirm that the language recommenders and evaluators have submitted their documents.
- Full app preview on Embark system.
- Print a copy of the application for your records.
The application for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program is located here.
Additional documents that must be electronically uploaded directly to the online application no later than July 2, 2023:
- passport scan
- Copy of master’s degree or equivalent and an original letter confirming enrollment in a doctoral program in Croatia
- Employer letter in English confirming employment in Croatia.
Application forms and instructions on how to complete your application can be found here or here.
One thought on “10 Easy Steps to Apply and Win a Fulbright Scholarship in 2023”
My name is Enamene Jesuremeluoba Stephen. I have my Senior Secondary School certification examination ( SSCE) result with good grade 2022 this year.I want to study medicine and surgery.Iam really interested in your fully funded scholarship.
I will be grateful, if the opportunity to further my education in your university .Please help me.
Email No [email protected]