Accounting scholarships may be one of the easiest scholarships to come by when researching online. However, narrowing down the possibilities can be a bit tricky, solely because there are so many. Yet a student researching for an accounting scholarship should look for the basic level’s that will be presented in the name of the scholarship. It will either be undergraduate, bachelor, graduate, masters, Ph.D, or doctorate level scholarships.
Now in the United States, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting means that students will need 120 credits. And the normal turnaround time for earning this degree would be anywhere from two to four years.
We will turn the attention onto available Accounting Scholarships that anyone can look up:
- London School of Economics and Political Science, the online BSc in Accounting and Finance
- London School of Economics and Political Science, the online BSc Finance Program
- Striving for Greatness Accounting & Finance Scholarship
- Deloitte Tax Scholars Program
- AICPA/Robert Half Student Scholarship Award
- RV Learning Center Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Program for Accounting Students by AIS Technolabs
- Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship
- AICPA/AWSCPA Scholarship Award
- TACTYC Transfer Accounting Student Scholarship
- NSA Stanley H. Stearman Award
- Goldberg-Miller Public Finance Scholarship
- AICPA Scholarship Award for Minority Accounting Students
- EFWA Women In Transition Scholarship
- EFWA Moss Adams Foundation Scholarship
- NABA Inc. National Scholarship Program
- Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program
- IASA Scholarship
- Jeffrey L. Esser Career Development Scholarship
- PCAOB Scholars Program
- EFWA Institute of Management Accountants Scholarship
- AICPA Foundation Two-year Transfer Scholarship Award
- AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship Award
- EFWA Women in Need Scholarship
- EFWA Laurels Fund Scholarships
- Women In Defense HORIZONS Scholarship
- Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarship Program
- Chief Petty Officer Scholarship Fund
- Scholarships for Military Children Program
- Imagine America Military Award Program
Just to give a wide horizon view, accounting can be attached to virtually anything. From the military to academic merit and to diverse organizations that are looking for diversity with accounting programs.
Now the general accounting classes a student will need to take throughout their college career would involve Introduction to Accounting, Administrative Management, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting Theory and Practice, Introduction to Financial Accounting, Auditing Theory and Practice, Income Tax Accounting, and a few more. This is only for a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, mind you.
While this field study is quite a lucrative career that sees constant stakes being raised as technology continues to advance. Accounting may in fact, be one of the last original careers that has outlasted decades.
But to achieve an accounting degree, it is an 80% probability that the student will need a few accounting scholarships. Since an accounting degree falls into the higher portion of tuition (easily $80,000 of two to three years of college). Students will need to have a second plan of action to ensure that they can pay for their part of tuition.
By giving a general accounting scholarship list this is a great way to start the research. From here students can narrow down what may be out of their eligible range or within.