Tanzania has many universities available for both domestic and international students who wish to pursue a higher education in their desired study field. We will cover tuition costs that happen on an academic annual scale, along with the understanding on what a comfortable living budget would consist of. Luckily, international and domestic students will come to find that Tanzania has one of the most affordable higher end education universities in the world.
Students should do further research to see what they need to do to acquire a student visa to study in Tanzania. Along with health insurance and any other insurance that is needed so that all aspects of insurance are covered for each student.
There are a number of ways for international students to secure a scholarship or even an admissions acceptance, but it will involve being aligned with the way the universities have the right programs available to certain eligible students.
Universities in Tanzania:
- Open University of Tanzania
- Tanzania Commission for Universities
- University of Dodoma
- Tanzania Public Service College
- Sokoine University of Agriculture
- St. Augustine University of Tanzania
- Hubert Kairuki Memorial University
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
- Tumaini University Makumira
- Ardhi University
- Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology
- State University of Zanzibar
- International Medical and Technological University
- St. Joseph University in Tanzania
- University of Arusha
- Teofilo Kisanji University
- United African University of Tanzania
- St.John’s University of Tanzania
- Zanzibar University
- Mzumbe University
- Mbeya University of Science and Technology
- Muslim University of Morogoro
- Sebastian Kolowa Memorial University
- Moshi Co-operative University
- Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences
- Kampala International University in Tanzania
- Eckernforde Tanga University
- University of Bagamoyo
- Mount Meru University
- Mkwawa University College of Education
- University College of Education Zanzibar
- Eastern and Southern African Management Institute Arusha
- College of Business Education
- Julius Nyerere University of Agriculture
- Dar es Salaam University College of Education
This is not a complete list of all of the public and private higher education institutions in Tanzania.
Cost of Living for Students
Without monthly rent a student would around $430 for everything else such as utilities, groceries, transportation pass, and daily necessities to be comfortable day-to-day.
Rent and all necessities would be estimated around $750 per month. This is extremely affordable considering other expensive places in the world.
Cost of Annual College Tuition
Students can expect to pay for an undergraduate degree, around $5,000 USD per year. This is extremely budget friendly and students would even be able to pay off their tuition in full, in advance. This $5,000 USD estimation is based on the University of Dar es Salaam’s tuition annual cost.
Languages Spoken in Tanzania
The main and local language spoken in Tanzania is Swahili. While English is commonly spoken in the country, Swahili is the native language. Other regional dialects and languages spoken would be:
This is not a complete list of languages and dialects that are spoken throughout Tanzania. It would be best if international students who were interested in studying in Tanzania if they learn at least the basic understanding of Swahili.