Thailand has many universities available for both domestic and international students who wish to pursue a higher education in their desired study field. We will cover tuition costs that happen on an academic annual scale, along with the understanding on what a comfortable living budget would consist of. Luckily, international and domestic students will come to find that Thailand has one of the most affordable higher end education universities in the world.
Students should do further research to see what they need to do to acquire a student visa to study in Thailand. Along with health insurance and any other insurance that is needed so that all aspects of insurance are covered for each student.
Universities in Thailand:
- Siam University
- Chulalongkorn University
- Kasetsart University
- Chiang Mai University
- Bangkok University
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi
- Prince of Songkla University
- Dhurakij Pundit University
- Silpakorn University
- Burapha University
- Mae Fah Luang University
- Ramkhamhaeng University
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok
- King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
- Sripatum University
- University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Naresuan University
- Rangsit University
- Walailak University
- Thaksin University
- Maejo University
- Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi
- Mahasarakham University
- Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University
- Dhonburi Rajabhat University
- Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University
- Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon
- Bangkokthonburi University
- Phranakhon Rajabhat University
- Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University
- Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University
- Suan Dusit Rajabhat University
- Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University
- Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University
- Mahidol University International College
- Nakhon Pathom Rajabhat University
- Rajamangala University of Technology Isan
- Thonburi University
- Chiang Mai Rajabhat University
- North Bangkok University
- Buriram Rajabhat University
- Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy
- Thepsatri Rajabhat University
This is not a complete university and higher education college list in Thailand.
Some of the top bachelor programs available include such subjects as Interaction Design, Business Administration in Hospitality Management, Arts in Global Studies and Social Entrepreneurship, International Hotel Management, Biology, Architecture Studies, Aviation, Economic Studies, and Education.
Student Cost of Living
There have been a few studies showing how much to budget for when living in Thailand. Traditionally $2,000 or even $2,500 USD would be the better budgeted amount. Because rent can be in some higher or more expensive places, can equal out to $1,500 USD per month.
However, some rental apartments that are one bedroom are affordable for $1,000 USD per month.
If a student were to budget with $3,000 per month, that student would be incredibly well off and would be able to live as comfortably as possible.
Academic Tuition Cost
For undergraduates expecting to pay tuition per academic year, this will average out to about $500 – $4,000 USD per year. Thailand is quite affordable for international students who wish to acquire a genuine education without risking high prices.
For post-graduate students they can expect to pay $1,000 to only $2,000 USD per annual year.
Languages Spoken in Thailand
What main languages are spoken in Thailand? Thai is the main language spoken in the country. The official main languages that are encountered in Thailand are Central Thai, Isan, Northern Thai, and Southern Thai.