Studying in Oman will offer international students an enriched since of purpose, students will be able to live within their means or carefree (if they don’t have set budget) because tuition is at a low cost in this country. We will discuss why students should learn Arabic before arriving in Oman, and what the student living cost is averaging out in the country. Why learning the Arabic language is a sign of respect in the country of Oman and understanding how much is spent per academic year on tuition.
Universities in Oman:
- Sultan Qaboos University
- German University of Technology in Oman
- Middle East College
- University of Nizwa
- Muscat University
- Higher College of Technology
- University of Buraimi
- Sohar University
- Colleges of Applied Sciences, Oman
- Waljat Colleges of Applied Sciences
- Shinas College of Technology
- Al Zahra College for Women
- International Maritime College Oman
- Ibri College of Technology
- Oman Medical College
- Royal Guard of Oman Technical College
Academic programs available at Sultan Qaboos University:
- Agricultural and Marine Sciences
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economics and Political Science
- Medicine and Health Science
- Curriculum & Methods of Teaching Islamic Education
- Information Systems
- Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Engineering in Agricultural Engineering
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Instructional And Learning Technologies
- Early Childhood Education
- Physical Education
- Art Education
- Applied Chemistry Specialization
- Earth Science
- Computer Science
- Physics/Medical Physics
- Statistics/Health Statistics
This university also has plenty of credit courses that students can add on to help with their college credits. This way students can achieve a quicker degree than before. Luckily students will be able to take electives in this university.
Student Cost of Living
To essentially live a carefree live, students could pay out $2,000 USD a month if they wanted to. However, if the student is on a budget and wishes to save more than to spend, they could end up only needing $1,200 per month. This is with rent, utilities, groceries, clothing, entertainment, and other necessities that students may need.
Again, the cost of living will differ from person to person because it will be based on their lifestyle and their good budgeting habits.
Cost of Tuition
Each subject has a different set tuition for example:
- Banking or Finance degrees cost roughly $6,300 each academic year
- Philology costs roughly around $6,800 each academic year
- Business degrees cost roughly $6,430 each academic year
- Administration degrees cost around $6,900 each academic year
It solely depends on what subject is being studied, and students should look into each university to compare the costs of different subjects.
Languages Spoken in Oman
What languages are spoken in Oman, and what language should students learn?
Arabic is the main and official language of Oman. Other languages spoken in the country include South Baluchi, English, Bengali, Malayalam, Arab Gulf, and Arab Dhofari.
Students would do far better studying here if they are pursuing a cultural and linguistic history into Arabic. Students would need to know some of the language to be able to pass the Arabic exam proficiency test that they would give to international students.