Through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Government of Romania annually offered a fully-funded scholarship intended for the international students who will be commencing their higher education in an eligible program required by the scholarship. Romania Government Scholarships will be offered for the academic year of 2022-2023 that will be covering the international student’s tuition fee, accommodation, and monthly stipend allowance.
The Romanian Government Scholarship will be offered for deserving international students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership skills. International students who wil be commencing their studies in higher education are encouraged to join the scholarship program.
Scholarship Provider: Government of Romania
Study in Romania Platform
The Government of Romania together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers a scholarship program annually to help the international students further their higher education to achieve their career goals and can contribute to their communities. The government has launched its own platform to continue serving the international youth to continue their journey towards their education.
The #StudyinRomania platform was administered by the Research, Executive Agency for the Higher Education and Development and Innovation Fundings. The platform was being created to offer every international al student a higher quality education with the help of Romanian University. The project aims to develop and implement systemic measures at the university level that lead to an improvement in the quality of the entire higher education system and better preparation of universities for labor market requirements and to the international standards.
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Degree Level: Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. degree
Field: All eligible fields available
Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
Scholarship Duration: Undergraduate- 3 to 6 years
Master: up to 2 years
PhD up to 4 years
Available to: International Students
All international students from non-EU countries can apply for the scholarship, there will be the following exemptions to the citizens:
- Citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of a Romanian historical community near Romania (eligible for various scholarship programs);
- Nationals who have sought or obtained protection in Romania;
- Stateless persons living on the territory of Romania that is officially recognized by law;
- Members of the Diplomatic
- Consular Corps or family members of the Diplomatic
- Consular Corps from Romania
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular posts accredited in Romania;
- Employees of international organizations based in Romania
- family members of employees of international organizations based in Romania;
- Grantee from the State of Romania
To complete the eligibility process, the international students must be able to:
- Complete and submit all necessary files
- Submit all the documents that will be necessary to support the application process
- Enrolment date deadlines must meet
- Good academic records
- Must be able to follow the rules of the application process of the scholarship.
- No more than 35 years for undergraduate and graduate degrees or 45 years for doctoral or postgraduate studies.
Interested students must complete the application form provided online and must be able to upload the necessary document in the following:
- Copy of Diploma
- Transcript of records
- Birth Certificates
- Passport Copy
The application may also require the following:
- Proof of name change if applicable
- Certificates that will prove their passing at the bachelors or masters exam
- Copy of any certificates that will prove the students final year of studies in the secondary school
- The copy of the transcript must attest to the academic records f the students final year of studies
- Certificate in the Romanian Language
- Declaration of parents consents in case the student has not reached 18 of age at the time of application.
It is important that all documents have been scanned and must be in a pdf format. For the international students, the documents must be translated and authorized in either English, Spanish or Romanian language.
The applications sent directly to the Registration Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education, or to the email addresses of staff/departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or to a Romanian diplomatic representative or an accredited foreign diplomatic mission in Bucharest will be rejected or not be considered. It is important to follow the application process and complete it accordingly.
To promote the language and culture of Romania, the scholarship holders of the Bachelor and Masters scholarships awarded by the Romanian state study exclusively in the Romanian language. An exception to the doctoral scholarship holders, who can choose to study in Romanian or in a foreign language determined by the doctoral/Ph.D. university. Applicants who do not speak Romanian are offered a preparatory year to study Romanian prior to actual university study, with the exception of doctoral students who have chosen the form of foreign language teaching determined by the doctoral/Ph.D. university.
The following groups of people are excluded from registration in the preparatory year in Romanian:
- those who provide Romanian language training documents (diploma or certificate) or training documents, school records certifying at least four consecutive years of Romanian language teaching in educational or institutions units of the Romanian national system;
- those who take exams in Romanian, which are administered in accordance with current regulations, for enrollment in university education;
- A person who, for enrollment in higher education, shows proof of proficiency in the Romanian language at a minimum level of B1, issued in accordance with applicable regulations.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for completing and submitting all the application forms will be until March 15, 2022. The scholarship will be annually offered by the Government of Romania.
The scholarship decision will be announced through the student’s email on July 15, 2022.
The Romanian Government Scholarship is one of the prestigious scholarships that offer a fully-funded award to deserving international students. The benefits will cover the following:
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation expenses
- Monthly stipend depending on the degree of the students. The students will be receiving the amount in the Romanian currency.
- Medical Assistance
In regards to the scholarship benefits, the international students must also prepare some financial support to cover their transportation expenses. It is necessary to read and agree on the terms and conditions of the scholarship.