This program is funded by the French Embassy in Thailand and supports Thai students who want to study at Master’s and Ph.D. levels in France. It covers tuition fees, and health insurance, and provides a monthly allowance.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for the Franco-Thai Scholarship Program:
The Franco-Thai Scholarship Program typically has the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Applicants must be Thai citizens. The program is specifically designed to support Thai students.
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants should have an excellent academic record and be enrolled in or hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree from a recognized Thai university or educational institution.
- Field of Study: The scholarship is usually open to students in all fields of study, including science, engineering, humanities, social sciences, arts, and more. However, certain specific programs or disciplines may have their own requirements or restrictions.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in French or English may be required, depending on the language of instruction for the chosen study program. Some scholarships may also provide language courses as part of the program.
- Motivation and Objectives: Applicants are typically required to demonstrate a strong motivation to study in France and have clear academic and professional objectives for their studies and future career.
- Other Criteria: The scholarship program may have additional requirements such as age limits, a specific grade point average (GPA), or specific prerequisites depending on the level of study (bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD).
What is the total award for the Franco-Thai Scholarship Program:
The Franco-Thai Scholarship Program covers various expenses such as tuition fees, monthly stipends for living expenses, health insurance, and sometimes additional benefits like travel allowances or housing assistance. The exact amount of the award may differ based on factors such as the level of study (bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD) and the duration of the scholarship.
How do you apply for the Franco-Thai Scholarship Program:
To apply here is the following things to look for:
- Research and Identify Eligible Programs: Begin by researching and identifying the study programs or universities in France that align with your academic and career goals. Ensure that the chosen program is eligible for the Franco-Thai Scholarship Program.
- Check Application Deadlines: Note the application deadlines for the scholarship program. It’s important to submit your application within the specified timeframe.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare all the necessary documents required for the application process. This typically includes academic transcripts, diplomas, language proficiency certificates (French or English), curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter, letters of recommendation, and a research proposal (if applicable).
- Complete the Online Application: Visit the official website of the Franco-Thai Scholarship Program or the designated online application portal to submit your application. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents as specified in the guidelines.
- Submit the Application: Review your application to ensure all the information is accurate and complete. Submit the application within the designated timeframe.
- Await Selection Results: After the application deadline, the selection committee will evaluate the applications and shortlist candidates based on the eligibility criteria and selection process. The timeframe for the selection process may vary.
- Attend Interviews (if required): Some scholarship programs may require shortlisted candidates to attend interviews or provide additional documentation as part of the selection process. Prepare for interviews or any further steps as requested.
- Notification of Results: Once the selection process is complete, you will be notified of the results. If you are selected for the scholarship, you will receive an offer letter or notification of acceptance.
- Acceptance and Preparations: If you are awarded the scholarship, follow the instructions provided to accept the offer. Make necessary arrangements such as securing a visa, preparing for travel, and fulfilling any additional requirements outlined by the program.
Step by Step Student Visa Process for France
Here is a step-by-step overview of the process:
- Confirm Your Admission: Before applying for a student visa, you must have an offer of admission or enrollment from a recognized educational institution in France. Ensure that you have received the necessary acceptance letters or documents from the university.
- Determine Visa Type: Identify the appropriate visa type based on the duration of your studies in France. For long-term programs exceeding 90 days, you will generally need to apply for a long-stay student visa (VLS-TS). For shorter programs, such as language courses or summer programs, a short-stay visa may be required.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your visa application, which typically include:
- Passport: Valid for at least three months beyond your intended stay with blank pages for the visa sticker.
- Visa Application Form: Complete and signed.
- Passport-sized Photos: Recent photos meeting the specified requirements.
- Proof of Enrollment: Letter of acceptance or enrollment from the educational institution in France.
- Proof of Financial Means: Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation.
- Health Insurance: Proof of comprehensive health insurance coverage during your stay in France.
- Accommodation Proof: Documentation confirming your accommodation arrangements in France.
- Travel Itinerary: Flight reservations or other proof of your travel plans.
- Visa Fee: Pay the required visa application fee, which can vary depending on your nationality.
- Schedule an Appointment: Visit the website of the French embassy or consulate in your country to schedule an appointment for your visa application submission. Some countries may require appointments to be made through a visa application center or an external service provider.
- Submit Your Application: Attend the scheduled appointment and submit your visa application along with the required documents. Be prepared to provide any additional information or attend an interview if requested.
- Biometric Data Collection: In many cases, biometric data (fingerprinting and photograph) will be collected as part of the visa application process.
- Visa Processing and Decision: Your visa application will undergo processing by the French authorities. The timeframe for visa processing can vary, so it’s advisable to apply well in advance of your planned departure date.
- Collect Your Visa: Once your visa application is approved, you will be notified to collect your passport with the visa sticker from the visa application center or the embassy/consulate.
- Arrival in France: Upon arrival in France, it is generally required to complete certain administrative procedures, such as obtaining a residence permit (if applicable), registering with the local authorities, and enrolling in the appropriate health insurance scheme.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship opportunity. The deadline date is registered for February 19, 2024.
Other available scholarships to look at are Billy Blue College of Design Scholarship or $5,000 Coupontoaster Scholarship Program for International Students 2023.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.