The Healthy Development Adelaide and Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation PhD Excellence Award is being offered by Flinders University, and they are looking for candidates.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
In 1960, the people of Bedford Park gave the University of Adelaide a donation of about 300 acres of land, which the university then used to open a second campus in the area. It’s possible that the land is as large as 150 acres. Flinders University was founded because of this need. In 1962, following an initial year of preparation and planning, building finally got underway. When the Australian Labor Party (ALP) won the election in 1965, they used the proceeds to buy a plot of land in Bedford Park and establish a university there. The positive results they had led them to conclude that this strategy was the best option. Since its inception on July 1, 1966, when it admitted its first class of freshmen, Flinders University has been widely considered Australia’s finest educational establishment. Matthew Flinders, a British explorer and geographer, is honored with the naming of this region. It wasn’t until the University Act was passed that the United States even allowed the existence of universities. Only about 400 students and 90 teachers turned out for school on that freezing March day in 1966.
renown academics The first permanent residents were a couple named Sir Mark Mitchell and Peter Karmel. These two persons hold the rare privilege of becoming the university’s first Chancellor and Vice Chancellor. Flinders University has a number of beautiful campuses throughout southern Australia. The main campus is located in Bedford Park, some 12 kilometers from the heart of the city. Computer labs, study rooms, a library, and public areas with free wireless internet are just some of the places on campus where students can get their studies done. The baseball field, softball field, and football field are all conveniently located close to each other. Victoria Square is a great place to get some work done because of its central location in Adelaide’s financial district. As should be obvious, a campus is the backbone of any school. Tonsley, South Australia is home to a second Flinders College.
In addition to its main campus in Canberra, the University of Adelaide also has locations in Melbourne and Darwin. Additionally, it has campuses in a wide variety of places throughout the USA. Flinders University offers programs in many different industries, from business and the arts to education and engineering, medicine and public service. There is a lot of access to study abroad programs at colleges around the world. When compared to China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia all offer competitive job markets. This university is home to over 26,000 students and over 2,600 faculty and staff. The institution is taking these efforts to assure its ongoing membership in the elite IRU (Innovative Research Universities) consortium (IRU) (IRU)
Canadian, Chinese, British, and German universities are among those with which this one has significant ties. Individuals who meet the prerequisites for graduate study in certain countries may then apply to graduate programs there. Flinders University has produced some of the world’s most prominent people. Mario Andreacchio got a prestigious Emmy for his excellent television performance. It’s clear that this man is comfortable on both sides of the camera. He has experience both in front of and behind the camera, having served as a producer. Alex Frayne’s star is on the rise thanks to his impressive body of photographic and filmic work. While acting has brought Noni Hazlehurst the most fame, she has also found success in the realms of directing and playing the piano. She has been honored with prizes from the Australian Film Institute and the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) (ARIA).
Directed by Scott Hicks and inspired by the life of singer David Helfgott, Shine took home the gold for best picture at the Academy Awards. Hicks planned and directed the operation. Hicks did much more for the film than write the script and direct the action. As executive producer, he was responsible for seeing the film through its final stages. Hicks has been a fantastic leader for Tonga. Dr. Brendon Coventry’s innovative research has unquestionably advanced the fields of immunology and surgery. His discovery of the immunological feedback loop is significant. In other words, no one else knew he had discovered it. It’s not surprising that Christopher Pearson’s fans appreciate his work given his status in the media. Among his many accomplishments are his stints as editor of “The Adelaide Review” and speechwriter for former Australian Prime Minister John Howard. Between his two fields of study, he accumulated a wealth of knowledge.
Writings by Sudesh Mishra have been lauded by a wide range of readers and organizations. Likewise, notable faculty members and alumni are featured. There’s a link right there on the main page that will take you to the online membership roll. Adelaide is a wonderful jumping off point for a weekend road trip because of its proximity to other major cities. The golden sand beaches and gentle hills in this region are well-known attractions. Such vacations are impossible to organize successfully. One of the top five best places to live in the world, according to the 2016 Global Liveability Study. This result wasn’t unexpected at all. It has a low cost of living compared to other big cities around the world, which is why many international students choose to study there. Several sources claim that Adelaide has 14% lower living costs than other major Australian cities. Because of the general decline in Australia’s cost of living, students now have more money to spend on the country’s relatively cheap tourist attractions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Scholarship Type: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- An Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Stipend Award or an equivalent competitive scholarship is required to be eligible for the PhD Excellence Award, which provides an additional $5,000 per year for a maximum of three years.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- We are currently accepting applications for PhD Research Scholarships in the following areas related to healthy development: Allied health, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biostatistics, demography, dentistry, digital health, disability, economics, education, endocrinology, epidemiology, ethics, genetics, indigenous health, law, nutrition, obstetrics and gynecology, paediatrics, pharmacology, physiology, politics, psychiatry, psychology, public health, and sociology are some of the disciplines that are studied. However, this list is not exhaustive https://health.adelaide.edu.au/healthy-development-adelaide/our-research
- Students from both the United States and other countries are encouraged to submit an application if they are currently enrolled in their first year of study, which means that their start date must fall between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023. Applicants have to demonstrate that they are qualified to enroll at either the University of Adelaide, the University of South Australia, or Flinders University, or that they are already enrolled there. The stipend will be paid to your university, and then your university will give it to you as an additional scholarship for the duration of your PhD for a maximum of three years. In addition, applicants are required to demonstrate that they meet each of the criteria listed below.
- The applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a subject that is directly related to the area of study that they intend to pursue.
- Applicants must already be in possession of a Stipend Scholarship from the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) or an equivalent competitive postgraduate scholarship.
- Applicants are required to be “paying” members of the HDA. Membership is available for either one year or three years and costs either $20 (excluding GST) or $50 (excluding GST) respectively. https://health.adelaide.edu.au/healthy-development-adelaide/get-involved
- Candidates are required to have a member of the HDA serve as their primary or principal supervisor. Supervisors are required to be “paying” members of the organization. Membership is available for either one year or three years and costs either $20 (excluding GST) or $50 (excluding GST) respectively. https://health.adelaide.edu.au/healthy-development-adelaide/get-involved
- The Healthy Development research pillars, which span preconception to adolescence, need to be aligned with the research projects that are being undertaken.
- Projects that have a focus on multiple disciplines and that contribute to the advancement of more than one of those disciplines within the scope of the research will be given preference
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Flinders University 2023 Healthy Development Adelaide and Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation PhD Excellence Award is open to all International Students
- Please send the following documents to the following address by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 20, 2023:
- Development of a Healthy Lifestyle in Adelaide Contact Anne Jurisevic at [email protected] if you have any questions.
- An application for the HDA that has been finished
- Up-to-Date curriculum vitae
- A letter of award from the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) or an equivalent competitive scholarship
- Academic transcript
The application deadline for Flinders University 2023 Healthy Development Adelaide and Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation PhD Excellence Award is January 20, 2023