To provide support for undergraduate students in the United Kingdom, the University of Leeds offers a scholarship for the academic year of 2023-2024. The University of Leeds is seeking outstanding students who can conduct research across the Mathematics program and are motivated to pursue their higher education to encourage every student to further their education.
The University of Leeds believes that education is important to achieve every person’s goals and to help out the communities. The university aims to develop every student’s leadership characteristics, knowledge, and skills to be prepared for their professional and personal goals. The candidates who apply for an undergrad concentrate on the program at the School of Mathematics at Leeds are qualified and will be considered for the grant sum esteemed at sum of £12,000. The determination of victors will be founded on private conditions.
Scholarship Provider: University of Leeds
About the Provider
The University of Leeds endeavors to guarantee that everybody inside the University is dealt with decently, with poise and regard, and gets equivalent open doors. The students at Leeds are essential for a gaining and working climate liberated from hindrances like age, incapacities, orientation reassignment, race, religion, or conviction.
Established in 1904, the university is located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, positioning 86th in the QS World University Rankings 2023. The University of Leeds gives a protected, steady, and inviting climate and is one of the largest institutions in the United Kingdom and well-known for its research and teaching methods.
The university aims to empower the students to flourish through a feeling of having a place. They will be accomplices in molding their dynamic and imaginative instructive experience, portrayed by dynamic learning, advanced innovations, and cooperation. The students will feel esteemed for their extraordinary commitment, and they will graduate prepared to have an effect as true citizens.
The university underpins its ten years of strategy values that will help them build a fair future for everyone. They strive to ensure that all students and employees will be treated fairly, that local and international students will be treated with dignity and respect, and that all opportunities provided by the university will be open to all and will be covered wsupportorts, safety, and a welcoming environment.
As a global, research-concentrated college with a solid obligation to the student’s education, the university will establish a comprehensive climate that draws in, creates, and holds the smartest students and staff from all foundations across the world and supports them in conveying their desires, adding to the university’s strategic mission.
The university also encourages every student to engage in sustainable activities on campus to be able to develop the university’s sustainable mission.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local Students
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Mathematics
- Number of Awards: Not specified by the university
- Duration: Depending on the eligible course, a maximum of up to four years
- Scholarship Award: £12,000
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Eligible Course
- Actuarial Mathematics BSc
- Mathematics BSc
- Mathematics MMath, BSc
- Economics and Mathematics BSc
- Mathematics and Statistics BSc
- Mathematics and Statistics MMath, BSc
- Financial Mathematics BSc
To be able to proceed with the application, the applicants must able to meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Have no related knowledge of advanced education (this incorporates existing learning at undergrad level one or above).
- Must be a UK student who is applying for the 2022 entry into level one on a full-time supported college degree course at the University of Leeds.
- Be obligated for the total UK undergrad expenses without getting sponsorship from outside the University.
- Be qualified to get a UK student loan from Student Finance England, Student Awards Agency for Scotland, Student Finance NI, or Student Finance Wales (kindly note, those surveyed as EU transient laborers are ineligible to apply). You can apply for a method tried grant before your qualification evaluation has been finished by the significant granting body.
- Come from a family with a yearly pay which has been surveyed as being £42,875 each year or beneath. (Note that you can apply for this grant before your family pay appraisal has been finished by Student Finance England).
- Not receive some other grant or bursary.
Keep in mind, that regardless of whether you wish to get upkeep or educational expenses credit from the Student Loans Company, you will in any case have to make a student finance application and decide to be evaluated for finance in light of family pay for us to think about your monetary qualification for the scholarship. During the application, students will have the opportunity to indicate that they wish to apply for a £0 educational expenses credit and a £0 upkeep credit rather than the maximum loans available.
The application for the academic year of 2023-2024 has been opened and eligible applicants can start their application in an online portal provided by the university. Keep in mind that it is important to check the eligibility of the scholarship before proceeding with the application process.
There are only limited awards for the scholarship the application will be based on the student’s circumstances.
The University of Leeds will be awarding a limited number of scholarships for the academic year of 2023-2024, the successful students will be awarded up to £9,000 or £12,000 and will depend on the eligible length of course chosen.
Keep in mind that to maintain the scholarship awards, the beneficiary of the scholarship must be able to agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
The scholarship application is now open for the academic year of 2023-2024, applicants must be able to complete their application until further notice.