A bequest from Karis Boyd, who passed away in 2009, was used to establish this scholarship through the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation. Karis was an occupational therapist who had a successful career in New Zealand and a strong connection to the University. She was well-known throughout the country. The fellowship was established with the intention of encouraging current female students at Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington to continue their education at the postgraduate level.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Victoria University opened its doors to students in the year 1897. The main campus is in Kelburn, a part of Wellington that is only a mile from the city center. In the middle of the city, you can find architecture and design schools, as well as the Law Faculty, which is part of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration. The university has many institutes and research centers in addition to its schools of Architecture and Design, Business and Administration, Education, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, and Science. So, the group does a lot of different things. Literature (both English and New Zealand), linguistics, ecology and the sciences, geography, politics, theater, film, and indigenous studies (including Maori, Pacific, and Asian studies) are just some of the things that are taught in the classroom.
Wellington is also home to Zealandia, which is a zoo and wildlife sanctuary. At these places, visitors can see and learn about some of New Zealand’s strangest animals. There are many student groups and clubs on campus in New Zealand that can help you meet new people and get involved with campus life. There are three different campuses. In New Zealand, the Kelburn campus is where the Humanities and Social Science, Engineering, Health, Social Science, and Education departments are. The second place is Pipitea Campus. It is close to the New Zealand Parliament building and is home to the Management and Facilities of Law, Finance, Government, and IT departments. The Faculty of Design and Architecture is on the Te Aro campus, which is the third and biggest campus.
Also, Victoria University has classes in the central business district (CBD) of Auckland. There are also ways to get more education after the undergraduate level. It has about a thousand teachers and staff members who are dedicated to giving their kids a well-rounded education. Victoria University has more than forty research institutions and centers. This makes it a great place for students who want to learn by doing. It is well-known that the university has a beautiful campus and good resources for its students. As such, it has a wide range of art forms. And there are workshops and shows during the lunch break. Thanks to the great public transportation system, the university is not only easy to get to, but also very convenient. Victoria University has a great list of famous people who went there. Some of the famous people who are in it are Barbara Anderson, Sam Neill, Jane Campion, Dr. John Money, and Dr. Alexander Gerst. In New Zealand, the research intensity of universities is the most important sign of how good the research is, and Victoria University of Wellington is at the top.
On campus, there are about 40 different places for research. The school has more than 170 different areas of study, and students can take part in research projects, internships, and field trips, all of which help them learn how to think critically. Our commitment to tikanga Mori is based on Te Herenga Waka, the university’s marae, which is a place where Mori people get together (Mori cultural traditions). The hub is also a place where people who live on campus, like students and their families, can meet up. The university is also proud of its Living P project, which involves restoring a marae to strengthen cultural connections and help people understand how those connections have changed and will continue to change our lives The Living P is a community-driven living lab that will be a place where people from different fields can work together and share ideas about how to make the world more just, sustainable, and fair. The University of Wellington has a lot of resources and connections in the capital city of New Zealand. This includes connections to important people and institutions in the fields of politics, government, culture and history, business, and science. The New Zealand Parliament is made up of a few buildings that are close to the Kelburn campus of the University of Auckland. This is where laws are debated and passed.
Wellington is a small city with many things to do, such as parks, beaches, museums, and cultural events. It is also known for its great food and coffee, as well as its cosmopolitan atmosphere, safety, and friendliness. At the University, people put a lot of value on moral principles like decency, honesty, responsibility, fairness, and kindness. Our dedication to ideas like sustainability, welfare, inclusion, equity, diversity, collegiality, and transparency is a good example of these fundamental ethical principles. By giving its students help with schoolwork and mental health, the university shows that it is committed to its core values. There is also a team at the university that helps international students with anything they might need while they are there. Victoria University of Wellington wants to make sure that its graduates know about the world and are comfortable talking to people from different cultures.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $2,500
Scholarship Type: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- The Victoria University of Wellington Australia 2022 Karis Boyd Scholarship is a partial funding of $2,500
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Applicants who are female and who are graduating from Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington and who intend to study for a Master’s degree through coursework, a Master’s degree through thesis, or a Ph.D. are encouraged to submit their applications.
- Academic achievement will serve as the primary criterion for selection.
- All applicants must be female and currently enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington in order to be considered.
- All applicants must have the intention of pursuing further education at Victoria University of Wellington, either in the form of a Master’s degree earned through coursework or a Master’s degree earned through a thesis.
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Victoria University of Wellington Australia 2022 Karis Boyd Scholarship open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify?
- To submit an application, please visit the website wellingtonscholarships.communityforce.com on the Victoria University of Wellington website.
- The Community Force website is where all scholarship applications must be submitted.
- On the closing date, applications must be submitted electronically, in their entirety, no later than 4:30 p.m.
- Applications that are either late or not complete will not be considered.
- In order for the application to be taken into consideration, all necessary supporting documentation—including references—must be sent on or before the closing date and time, which is 4:30 p.m.
- In most cases, the call for applications will be issued one month before the deadline.
- In the event that an application link is not available below, please check back closer to the submission deadline.
- Contact us if you have any queries.
The application deadline for Victoria University of Wellington Australia 2022 Karis Boyd Scholarship is November 1, 2022