The Solomon Islands Government Scholarships are now available for pursuing the undergraduate and postgraduate programme. The scholarship is intended to train candidates which will contribute towards the goal of resolving the country’s economic issues and bolster social growth as well as economic prosperity in the country.
The scholarships are available in specific regions, including Australia, New Zealand, and Asia as well as the higher education institutions within the country. Area of studies depends on the subjects in the respective institution of higher education.
In order to qualify, candidates will have to meet a number of specific criteria:
· Prospective recipients need to have achieved GPA range between 8 and 4.5. Subpar results will not be considered. Only applicants with the highest GPA in their respective fields will make the shortlist.
· Additional scholarships include Cost Sharing Scholarship and Constituency Scholarship
· Be citizen of the Solomon Islands
· Applicants must apply by 29 September 2017.
In order to apply, candidates must furnish a list of documents, including:
· A filled out application form declaration
· Two certified recent passport size photos
· A certified copy of the applicant’s graduation or complete certificates
· A certified copy of the birth certificate of the candidate or their passport personal information page
· A curriculum vitae
· A completed signed endorsement from an employer
· A current copy of job description (required for in-service applicants)
· A support letter
The scholarship official link can be found here.