The World Academy of Science offers the TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for eligible countries who can demonstrate their interest in the advancement of science to developing countries for the academic year of 2023-2024.
In partnership with the Islamic Development Bank, the fellowship will be supporting the research of the successful fellows related to the United Nations Sustainability Developments, the fellowship aims to provide fully-funded support with a high level of training relevant to sustainable science.
About the TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Early-vocation researchers from the 21 developed part nations of the Islamic Advancement Bank (IsDB) are qualified for an aggressive new postdoctoral program presented by IsDB and TWAS. The fellowship program support research connected with the United Nations Sustainable Development, furnishing beneficiaries with an undeniable level of preparation in regions pertinent to manageability science.
IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Abilities Working in Supportability Science are legitimate at focuses of greatness in developing countries for example research organizations with a deeply grounded history in research and a shown skill in a field pertinent to sustainable science. A host place ought to be recognized by the competitor in view of her specific area of research. TWAS and the logical commentators engaged with the choice of awardees will settle on a choice on the reasonableness of the host organization proposed by the competitor. In all cases, the host place should be situated in a developing nation.
The valid host center will be provided by the TWAS-CAS Center for Excellence. The Fellowship offered by The World Academy of Science will be tenable for up to three months to a maximum of six months. A fully funded award will be provided to the successful fellows which covers the monthly allowance, accommodation, health insurance, and food. In addition to the award, the fellowship will also provide the Bench Expenses and a round-trip airfare ticket.
Fellowship Research Areas
The fellowship will be providing support to the following research areas:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable Cities
- responsible Growth
- Waste Management
- Green Chemistry
- Population Growth
- Plastic Population and Micro-plastics
- Water and Hygiene
Scholarship Provider: The World Academy of Sciences
About the Provider
The World Academy of Sciences for the headway of science in non-industrial nations, known worldwide by its abbreviation, TWAS, upholds supportable thriving through research, education, strategy, and diplomacy. The Academy is situated in Trieste, Italy.
TWAS was established in 1983 by a recognized group of researchers from developing nations, under the initiative of Abdus Salam, the Pakistani physicist and Nobel laureate. They shared a conviction that non-industrial countries, by developing fortitude in science and designing, could fabricate the information and expertise to address such difficulties as craving, sickness, and destitution. All along, the Academy had fundamental help from Italian researchers and political pioneers.
The Third World Academy of Sciences, as it was initially known, was initiated officially in 1985 during a service went to by Joined Countries Secretary-General Javier Pérez de Cuéllar. At first, TWAS had 42 chosen fellows, nine of them Nobel laureates. The name was changed two times: in 2004, to “The Academy of Sciences for the creating world” and, in 2012, to the ongoing one, “The World Academy of Sciences for the headway of science in emerging nations”. Today, TWAS has 1,296 chosen colleagues — a portion of the world’s most achieved researchers and specialists — addressing in excess of 100 nations; 11 of them are Nobel laureates. Around 84% come from emerging countries, and the rest are researchers from the developed world whose work has had a critical effect in the South. TWAS Fellows are the establishment of the Academy.
TWAS and its accomplices offer more than 600 fellowships each year to researchers in developing countries who need to seek a doctoral certification and postdoctoral research. TWAS prizes and grants are among the most esteemed given for logical work in the creating world. The Academy dispenses nearly $1 million in research concedes consistently to individual researchers and research gatherings. It additionally upholds visiting researchers and gives financing to regional and international science gatherings.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, and Yemen.
- Degree Level: Postdoctoral Degree
- Field: Eligible Fields in the Research Areas
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
- Duration: Three months maximum of six months
- Scholarship Country: Italy
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested applicants must meet the eligibility criteria of the fellowship program:
- The candidates must be holding a Ph.D. degree in the field area of science relevant to the research area of the fellowship program.
- Must be up to 45 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have five years of experience in the research field.
- The host institute must be from the eligible country list
- Must be able to provide an official acceptance letter
- Be a citizen and a resident of the eligible list of countries
- The candidates must be employed in their home country.
Note: The Awarded Fellows must:
- Not taking up any other research or assignments during the fellowship period.
- The research plan must be agreed upon by the host supervisors
- Must be financially responsible to their family if they are accompanying it to the host country
- Must be autonomous with their visa application, insurance, and accommodation.
- The application must be completed and submitted to the online portal provided by The World Academy of Science.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered as well as submitted by any other means.
- Keep in mind that the application can only be submitted one time.
The IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships will be providing the following:
- USD1,000 for the roundtrip airfare ticket
- USD2,600 allowance for the Bench fees as the contribution to the laboratory expenses.
- Monthly Allowance
- Health Insurance
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 6, 2023.