The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth scholarships are directly meant to be used in a neighboring commonwealth country that is known as a low or middle-income country. This means that not only Kiribati a suitable place to pursue the 2-year Master’s degree scholarship, but so are the other commonwealth countries considered low or middle-income countries.
In Kiribati, students can attend the University of the South Pacific as this university is under many countries that use that main university as the main stand-point for their higher education institution option.
Universities in Kiribati include:
- Kiribati Teachers College
- Marine Training Center
Programs available from both universities include:
- Primary Education
- English Language
- Basic Safety Training
- Basic Safety Training Refresher
- ISPS Awareness Training
- ISPS Training for seafarer with designated security duties
- Able Seafarer Deck
- Able Seafarer Engine
There are a number of courses that are specific to the Marine Training Center that focuses on international seafaring and engineering options. The teaching college does work on building basic foundations as well as promoting the option for their graduated teachers to go and become international teachers which can entail teaching students via online.
- A student must be ready for their Master’s level degree and commit 2-years to study in Kiribati.
- This scholarship is for international students to study in Kiribati.
- All applicants must be ready to travel to a different country and live there for two years or the full duration of their studies that must be concluded in Kiribati.
- Students must heavily review what programs are available in the country that they choose to apply to as well as looking at the scholarship institutions that state what programs fit the criteria.
There are a list of requirements needed from students who wish to progressively pursue this scholarship option. Students are required to be ready and degree efficient for their Master’s level degree which will need two-years to be used throughout the duration of the student’s stay. A student may not be able to take a random leave of absence without a general reason which will need to be stated to the scholarship foundation The Association of Commonwealth Universities.
A student visa is only needed if a United States student is accepted to this college. Depending on if the student is a citizen of the EU or from an EU country, then there will be different regulations for those students when it comes to student visas.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The rewards for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship is quite immersive. The rewards include the following:
- Research support funding in the style of a grant
- A entire living allowance for the students duration stay
- Full tuition paid for as well as fee coverage
- There is a one-time arrival allowance so the student can settle in
- Economy flight return tickets are provided
Deadline Time Line
The deadline date is officially January 10, 2023. Which means the deadline is fast approaching and students should submit their complete application as soon as possible. There is no mention of an extended deadline date on the website.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submissions window is currently open to students who wish to submit an application. The open submission window was opened on November 15, 2022.
This open submission window is currently the only available date.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options that are Available to Students
This is an annual scholarship option available to students. This scholarship looks to be a non-renewable option to students.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.
If the student is applying to a scholarship that is provided by a foundation organization, there may be a different set of rules and regulations that are attached to that scholarship, where each student will be notified upon winning what those rules happen to be.