Deadline: each course has a different deadline – check dates here
Now you can apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2023. The Erasmus Scholarship Catalog for the 2022-2023 academic year has been updated. The scholarships are for international students for Masters’s and Ph.D. studies at different European universities in different countries in Europe. All expenses will be covered. No GRE requirements, no need to contact the professor.
Last year they awarded 2,450 scholarships to international students. This year they will support 2,756 scholarship recipients. Erasmus Mundus is one of the most prestigious European scholarships in almost all fields/specialties. Previous labor experience is not required. You will study each semester in different countries and at different universities, as well as do a part-time internship in different countries.
The duration of the scholarship is 2 years for the master’s program and 3 years for the doctoral program. The Erasmus Scholarship is open to any citizen from anywhere in the world.
Studying abroad is a central part of Erasmus Mundus scholarships and has been shown to have a positive effect on later job prospects. It is also an opportunity to improve language skills, gain self-confidence and independence, and immerse yourself in a new culture. Erasmus Mundus also offers the possibility of combining studies abroad with an internship.
For almost 30 years, the European Union has funded the Erasmus Mundus program, which has enabled more than three million European students to spend part of their studies at another higher education institution or with an organization in Europe. Erasmus Mundus offers these opportunities to everyone: students, staff, trainees, teachers, volunteers, and more. It’s not just about Europe or Europeans either: with Erasmus Mundus, people from all over the world can access opportunities.
Duration of the Erasmus Mundus scholarships 2023
You can benefit from an exchange abroad with Erasmus several times, either as a student or as a trainee, but your total time abroad (including study periods abroad) cannot exceed 12 months within a study cycle.
“Cycle” refers to the level of study defined by the European Qualifications Framework (EQF):
First cycle (Bachelor or equivalent) EQF – 5/6
Second cycle (Master or equivalent) EQF 7
Third cycle (Ph.D. or equivalent) EQF 8
Erasmus Mundus scholarships 2023 to study in Europe
Institutions where you will study:
Universities and Institutions associated with Erasmus Mundus, Europe.
Levels and study areas:
Erasmus Mundus scholarships are available to students at the masters or doctoral level.
To see the programs and study areas click here.
Who can participate in the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships?:
Erasmus Mundus is open to many people and organizations, although eligibility varies from action to action and from country to country.
Individuals can participate in many of the opportunities funded by Erasmus Mundus, although most will have to do so through an organization that participates in the program. The eligibility of individuals and organizations depends on the country in which they are located.
The eligible countries are divided into two groups: program countries and partner countries. Although Program Countries are eligible for all Erasmus Mundus Actions, Partner Countries can only participate in some and are subject to specific conditions.
By studying abroad with Erasmus Mundus, you can improve your communication, linguistic and intercultural skills and acquire social skills highly valued by future employers.
You can receive an Erasmus Mundus scholarship as a contribution to your travel and living expenses. It may vary depending on differences in living costs between your country and the destination country, the number of students applying for a scholarship, the distance between countries, and the availability of other scholarships.
As an Erasmus Mundus student, you will be exempt from tuition fees, enrollment fees, exam fees, and charges for access to laboratories or libraries at the host institution. Small insurance or student union membership fees may apply.
Some of the benefits are listed below:
- Free education at any partner European university
- Monthly salary
- health insurance
- Travel and accommodation expenses are complementary.
- Airfare expenses
- It is not mandatory to return to your country of origin after completing your education
- Work visa granted after a master/Ph.D.
- Erasmus is like the Fulbright of Europe. With so many benefits, you should consider this opportunity.
You can also combine your study period abroad with an Erasmus Mundus internship to gain work experience, something that is increasingly important when starting out on the job market.
Opportunities to study abroad are available to master’s students and doctoral candidates. Masters students pursuing a full degree abroad (up to two years) can benefit from an EU-guaranteed Erasmus+ Masters Loan. Students with physical, mental, or health-related conditions may apply for additional funds after being selected to study abroad.
It may interest you: Full DAAD scholarships to study in Germany
Conditions to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships:
- All applicants must obtain an IELTS score of at least 6.5. No GRE or GMAT is required.
- It is not necessary to contact professors for admission. Simply go to the official website of your corresponding program and follow the instructions given there.
- Work experience is also not required.
- There is no age restriction to apply.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. This requirement varies with each program.
- Residence certificate. This certificate guarantees that you have not resided in Europe for one year or more in the last five years. This certificate can be purchased at your university, workplace, or local municipal office. It also needs to be witnessed by a public attorney.
- Degree title and transcript.
- Motivation letter.
- Study plan essay or research project proposal.
There are some programs that are accepting other language tests like Duolingo’s English Test Proficiency. It is an alternative test to IELTS and allows students to take a test from home.
How to prepare for Erasmus Mundus?
- Open the Erasmus catalog and go through each program one by one and see which program you fit into.
- Then select 2023 in the year of the student admission tab. (Will list all programs for 2023)
- Select the 03 most relevant programs for your profile.
- Check the requirements of the programs and try to prepare for them early, such as the Statement of Purpose, letters of motivation, personal statements, etc.
Instructions to apply:
The entire application process is online. Visit the official website Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Catalog (EMJMD)
It depends on the program (check dates here)