Students who will be entering their first year of study and will be majoring in a degree program that is offered by the School of Accounting and Commercial Law are eligible to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to future business leaders who have decided to pursue a career in the field of commerce and have made a commitment to study at the undergraduate level at Victoria University of Wellington.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
In 1897, a school by the name of Victoria University opened its doors to students. Kelburn, a Wellington area only a mile from the city center, is home to the main campus. Schools of architecture and design, as well as the Law Faculty, a section of the Faculty of Commerce and Administration, may all be found in the heart of the city. In addition to its schools of Architecture and Design, Business and Administration, Education, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, and Science, the university is also home to numerous institutes and research centers. So, the organization covers a lot of ground. Literature (both English and New Zealand), linguistics, ecology and sciences, geography, politics, theater, film, and indigenous studies (including Maori, Pacific, and Asian studies) are only some of the areas covered in the classroom. In addition, Zealandia, a zoo and wildlife sanctuary, can be found in Wellington. Guests at these locations will be able to observe and learn about some of New Zealand’s most peculiar animals.
There are several student organizations and clubs on campus that can help you meet new people and get involved in campus life in New Zealand. There are three different campuses, with the Humanities and Social Science, Engineering, Health, Social Science, and Education departments being located at the Kelburn campus in New Zealand. Pipitea Campus is the second location. It houses the Management and Facilities of Law, Finance, Government, and IT departments, and is conveniently close to the New Zealand Parliament building. The Faculty of Design and Architecture can be found on the third and largest campus, known as the Te Aro campus. Additionally, Victoria University offers classes in Auckland’s CBD.
Possibilities to further one’s education past the undergraduate level exist as well. It has about a thousand teachers and staff members who are committed to giving their kids a well-rounded education. There are more than forty research institutions and centers at Victoria University, making it a prime location for students interested in gaining hands-on experience. The university is well-known for its beautiful campus and high-quality resources for its students. As such, it houses a variety of artistic mediums. And during the lunch break, there are workshops and shows. The university is not only easily accessible, but also quite convenient, thanks to the excellent public transit network. Victoria University boasts an excellent roster of famous alumni. Famous names including Barbara Anderson, Sam Neill, Jane Campion, Dr. John Money, and Dr. Alexander Gerst are among those featured.
In New Zealand, the most important indicator of research quality is the research intensity of universities, and Victoria University of Wellington is at the top. In total, there are around 40 separate research centers on campus. The institution offers over 170 distinct fields of study, and students can participate in research projects, internships, and field trips, all of which help students grow in their capacity for critical thinking. Our dedication to tikanga Mori is centered on Te Herenga Waka, the university’s marae (Mori meeting house and surroundings) (Mori cultural traditions). The hub also serves as a gathering place for campus residents such as students and their whnau. The university is also proud of its Living P project, which involves restoring a marae to foster deeper cultural connections and a deeper appreciation for how those connections have shaped and will continue to affect our lives. The Living P is a community-driven living lab that will serve as a hub for cross-sector collaboration and ideation on how to create a more just, sustainable, and equitable world. The capital city of New Zealand provides the University of Wellington with a wealth of resources and connections, including to prominent individuals and institutions in the disciplines of politics, government, culture and history, commerce, and science.
The New Zealand Parliament, where laws are debated and passed, is housed in a number of buildings within easy walking distance of the Kelburn campus of the University of Auckland. Wellington is a small city with a wide range of attractions, including parks, beaches, museums, and cultural events. It is also well-known for its excellent cuisine and coffee, as well as for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, safety, and friendliness. Principles of ethics such as decency, honesty, responsibility, justice, and kindness are highly valued at the University. Our commitment to concepts like sustainability, welfare, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and transparency exemplifies these bedrock ethical tenets. By providing academic and mental health services to its students, the university further proves its dedication to its basic values. In addition, there is a dedicated international support team at the university to help international students with everything they may need throughout their time there. Victoria University of Wellington is dedicated to producing graduates who are knowledgeable about the world and comfortable interacting with people from other cultures.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington
Scholarship Country: New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: $6,000
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship is valued at a total of $6,000 every year.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- The applicants must have the intention of enrolling full-time in an undergraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington’s School of Accounting and Commercial Law, where they will major in a field related to commercial law or accounting. Applicants who want to study commerce as part of a dual degree with another discipline are also welcome to submit their applications.
- In order to continue living in New Zealand, applicants must either be New Zealand citizens, Permanent Residents, or in possession of a resident class visa.
- Applicants are required to be in a difficult financial situation that may prevent them from attending a higher education institution.
- Applicants are required to have completed NCEA Level 2 and received a Merit grade for their efforts (or the equivalent in another qualification)
- In addition to this, applicants will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Qualities essential to leadership
- Participation in neighborhood, athletic, and cultural events and activities
- the desire and ability to contribute something back to the community
Required Forms and Documents for the Application
- A statement from the applicant detailing how they personally fit the requirements for the scholarship.
- A curriculum vitae that details the applicant’s previous career, educational background, and interests
- A recommendation from the head of commerce at their institution or another instructor who is appropriate (to be requested via the online application)
- Required to fill out the section of the scholarship application form pertaining to financial information
Undergraduates at Leeds University in the United Kingdom can apply for a scholarship for the 2023–2024 school year. In an effort to inspire all students to continue their study, the University of Leeds is looking for exceptional students who can participate in research across the Mathematics department and are inspired to pursue higher education.
The Victoria University of Wellington New Zealand 2022 John Anderson Scholarship is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit an application, please visit the Victoria University of Wellington’s website at login.wgtn.ac.nz.
- On the closing date, applications must be submitted electronically, in their entirety, no later than 4:30 p.m. Applications that are either late or not complete will not be considered. In order for the application to be taken into consideration, all necessary supporting documentation—including references—must be sent on or before the closing date and time, which is 4:30 p.m.
- In most cases, the call for applications will be issued one month before the deadline. In the event that an application link is not available below, please check back closer to the submission deadline. Contact us if you have any queries.
The application deadline for Victoria University of Wellington New Zealand 2022 John Anderson Scholarship is October 31, 2022.