To help the high achiever student in the USA, Star Scholarship Fund offers three scholarship programs for the academic year of 2022-2023. The foundation wants to award outstanding and highly motivated students to further their higher education in full-time programs wither undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. degrees.
The scholarship program offered will accept every level of higher education in an accredited university or college of the students choosing, any field courses and gender, ethnicity, regions, and backgrounds.
Available Scholarship Program
- Community College- the interested students for the community college must be able to attend their new academic year and will be in a part-time enrollee or 6 hours total during each semester or a student can also attend a full-time total of 12 hours each semester.
The scholarship awards will be determined upon the verification process of the enrollment, whether it will be a full-time award or half awards for the students.
- Undergraduate Full-time– The students can attend any chosen university for the new academic year in an undergraduate degree program, and be enrolled full-time.
- Graduate Ful-time– The graduate students must be able to be enrolled in a full-time graduate degree. Master or Ph.D. degree students are eligible for these full-time awards.
Every applicant will be reviewed based on their eligibility and academic score based on the quantitative data that has been obtained from the student’s application records. The foundation program processes every candidate to ensure that the right one has been selected objectively and fairly, applicants must be able to demonstrate their financial need and academic excellence.
There are three-factor to evaluate every applicant
- The GPA of the applicants must be obtained from their official transcript.
- Earned hours
- Financial needs can be obtained at the Student aid report
The financial need is being determined using the EFC or Expected Family Contribution score as it can be calculated by the FAFSA. The federal government can measure every student’s financial need and their family’s ability to pay for the student’s college fees.
- The scholarship application cycle for the academic year of 2022-2023 begins January 1, 2022. The application deadline is March 31, 2022, at 17.00 CST.
- Stars will start opening emails during the cycle period of application, but as the deadline approaches, the process will slow down. Star sorts emails alphabetically by the last name.
- If you register online, you can upload most documents through your Star Account. Uploaded documents remain in “Accepted – Pending Review” status until processing. As long as the documents are uploaded on time, you don’t have to worry about the pending status. The transcript could not be uploaded.
- If you sent your document by post, email, or fax BEFORE March 1st, the foundation will update your document status to “Received – Pending Review” as soon as possible. However, this can take up to two weeks as the foundation receives hundreds of documents and emails every day. The scholarship committee may not be able to review (approve/disapprove) all documents during the review period, but they will process your documents.
- If you send a document through fax, post, or mail AFTER March 1st, they will NOT update the status of your document until the review period. The foundation is unable to review (approve/disapprove) all documents until the review period. Note: If your school says they have sent your transcript and/or you know they have sent your document, the foundation most likely has it, but they can’t confirm it until the review period due to the high volume of applications. They will download and print transcripts daily. At this point, your school will send you delivery confirmation.
- The foundation understands that as the deadline approaches, you may be concerned that they have not received your documents. All documents will be submitted and stored as soon as possible. Rest assured that if the foundation already determined that you have submitted the wrong document, they will contact you and allow you to send the correct document. Please ensure that you submit your paper before the 5 pm CST deadline.
- After submitting your application online or submitting your physical application, if you need to make changes to your application, you must submit a request form to update the application.
Keep in mind that submitting an incomplete application will lead to failed application. Below is the list of required documents:
- Completed Application Forms
- Applicants Information
- Institution Information
- Academic Information
- Certification and Release Form
- Official Transcript of records
- Students Aid Reports
- Personal Statements, the personal statement must consist of 300-400 words that can tell about the student’s information, financial needs, and accomplishments. The statement must be more than one page or exceed one page. Keep in mind that a personal statement is different from a resume or letter of recommendation.
Scholarship Additional requirements
- Letter from the student’s advisor
- Permanent resident card
- College board AP score report
Note: Applicants are advised not to send any unnecessary documents, always make sure the documents being submitted are the ones who are only required. Late submission of applications and required documents will not be considered.
The Star Scholarship Funds will be awarding up to $5,000 to the successful students who can meet the eligibility of the scholarship. The awards may vary depending on the student’s school it will be ranging to up to $250 per semester or up to $5,000 per semester for the fall and spring disbursement.
The scholarship amount can only be uses towards the students educational cost.
Scholarship Important Dates
The deadline for the submission and application is until March 31, 2022. The scholarship will be offered annually.
- January 1, 2022 – March 31, 2022 – the scholarship application period.
- April 1- April 14, 2022- The scholarship processing period.
- April 15- June 30, 2022- The scholarship review period by the scholarship committee.
- July 1- July 31, 2022- Selection of the recipient and awarding period.
- The fall and spring disbursement will be on the 12th day of class of the successful students.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Graduate and Ph.D. students
- Field: Any chosen course of the students
- Duration: 1 year
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered annually: Yes
- Scholarship Awards: To up to $5,000
- Scholarship Country: United States