The Francysk Skaryna Scholarship in Belarus was established in 2010 by the Belarusian government in honor of Francysk Skaryna, a prominent Belarusian humanist, physician, and translator who is considered the father of the Belarusian language. The scholarship aims to promote academic and cultural exchange between Belarus and other countries and to attract talented foreign students to study at Belarusian universities.
extended to a long-term program in subsequent years. It is currently administered by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus and is available to students from a number of European countries.
The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, accommodation, and a monthly stipend, and is available for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies in Belarusian universities. It is awarded based on academic merit and motivation, and applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in the Russian or Belarusian language, depending on the language of instruction of their chosen program.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements:
- Available to students from European countries.
- Applicants must have a good academic record, be fluent in Russian or English, and have a clear motivation for studying in Belarus.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
What Are The Admission Requirements:
- The application process includes submitting a completed application form, academic transcripts, a motivation letter, and other required documents.
- Completed application form.
- Certified copies of educational documents.
- Language proficiency certificates.
- Motivation letter.
- Recommendation letter.
- Medical certificate of general health condition.
- Passport copy.
The Total Scholarship Reward:
- The scholarship covers the cost of tuition, accommodation, and a monthly stipend of around $250 to $400 USD.
The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, accommodation, and a monthly stipend of 320 Belarusian rubles (approximately 130+ euros) for the duration of the program, which can be up to two years.
What Does a Student Visa Mean and How to Acquire One
A student visa is a document issued by a foreign government that allows a person to enter and study in that country. It is a type of visa that is specifically designed for students who want to study abroad.
Acquiring a student visa involves several steps, which may vary depending on the country where you plan to study. Here are some general steps to acquire a student visa:
- Apply to a university: The first step is to apply and be accepted to a university in the country where you want to study. You will need to provide your academic transcripts, proof of language proficiency, and other required documents.
- Check visa requirements: Once you have been accepted, check the visa requirements for the country where you plan to study. This may include providing proof of financial support, medical insurance, and a return ticket.
- Submit your visa application: Fill out the visa application form and submit it along with the required documents to the embassy or consulate of the country where you plan to study. You may also be required to pay a fee.
- Attend an interview: Depending on the country, you may be required to attend an interview at the embassy or consulate. During the interview, you will be asked about your reasons for studying abroad, your finances, and other relevant information.
- Wait for processing: After you have submitted your application and attended an interview (if required), you will need to wait for the visa to be processed. This may take several weeks or months, so it is important to apply well in advance of your intended travel dates.
- Receive your visa: If your visa application is approved, you will receive your student visa, which will allow you to enter and study in the country.
It’s important to note that the requirements and procedures for acquiring a student visa can vary widely depending on the country where you plan to study. You should always check with the embassy or consulate of the country where you plan to study for the most up-to-date information and requirements.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded for the full duration of the chosen program, up to two years. It is not renewable. This is an annual scholarship that students can apply for each year.
For a few international scholarships check out The German Development Bank Scholarship for International Students – Guatamela 2023 or Full Year of Tuition Coverage by the PNG Government Scholarship – Papua New Guinea 2024.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.