This undergraduate scholarship is titled the Tertiary Education Student Assistance Program. The government-created program was to help undergraduate students to tackle some of the tuition fees that are associated with international and domestic students who choose to attend and take programs at the Papua New Guinea University of Technology.
The University of Technology was established in 1965 making this Unitech school one of the oldest in Papua New Guinea.
This scholarship is government-based which means that a student will never have to pay any percentage or portion back. It is considered free funding to the student who receives this award.
- This scholarship is open to only Unitech national students. That is these students must already be enrolled and attending programs.
- This scholarship does not state whether or not the student needs to be a full-time attending or a part-time student. That may be inquired with the contact information that is added to this article.
- Students will need to have at least completed their 1st semester and are well into their 2nd semester before applying. This is one of the rules for students to become eligible for this option..
- This scholarship does not extend past a single academic year of study at the Papua New Guinea University of Technology.
- Students can ask further questions by using the contact email that is in the contact section of this article.
- This scholarship does find students to receive this scholarship based on merit which is academic excellence and high test scores. The grade point average will be looked at prior to sending a scholarship invitation to students.
First off a student will need to pick an undergraduate program to pursue, here is a list of this academic programs that are available:
- Geographical Information Science
- Business in Accounts
- Business in Applied Economics
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mineral Processing Engineering
- Property Studies
- Science in Agriculture
- Science in Applied Chemistry
- Science in Applied Physics with Electronics
- Computer Science
- Food Technology
This is not a complete list of all of the available academic programs. This is only the undergraduate list. There is both undergraduate and a postgraduate list of academics available online.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is by becoming an undergraduate attending student at the Papua New Guinea University of Technology. The student must be enrolled and they will either be invited or they can apply directly through the university for this scholarship option.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward details for this scholarship include having a full year paid for in full. This means the whole year of tuition will be paid back to the student for having excellent grades and having an outstanding academic performance.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date for the University of Technology is listed as October 20, 2023. For the 2022 academic year this deadline was extended to the 21st of October. So there is possibility there will be an extended deadline in the future.
International students will be able to follow a general guide that can be asked for at the embassy or online through a government website about successfully applying for a student visa without trouble. As of right now, applying at the earliest convenience is important.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is anywhere from May to the deadline date of October 20, 2023. So from May 2023 to October 20, 2023, but students can use the contact information presented in this article to inquire about other possibilities.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that is available to apply towards at two different set times throughout the academic year. This scholarship is renewable based on certain rules and guidelines that are followed by the student.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range of scholarship databases for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.