The MSc Motorsport Scholarship Program offered by the Royal Academy of Engineering is now open for application for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship aims to provide assistance to underrepresented Black or Mixed Black Ethnic engineers and to progress in their professional and personal growth.
If you are in the final year of the undergraduate degree or have graduated at least last three years, the academy encouraged you to apply for the scholarship to obtain your master’s degree in the United Kingdom.
MSc Motorsport Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program has been created to address a specific proposal in The Hamilton Commission’s first report, “Speeding up Change: Further Developing Representation of Black Individuals in UK Motorsport. Sir Lewis Hamilton HonFREng, in collaboration with the Royal Academy of Engineering, established The Hamilton Commission to address the underrepresentation of people in UK motorsport and the STEM sector.
The scholarship program will be providing career support and financial assistance to Black or mixed Black ethnic individuals to help them further their master’s degree in Engineering, Motorsports, or other related fields. The scholarship will be awarding up to ten students and the scholarship duration will be up to two years.
Scholarship Provider: Royal Academy of Engineering
About the Provider
Royal Academy of Engineering is a charity that delivers public benefits, a National academic which provides progressive leadership, and a Fellowship uniting an unmatched community of leaders from all aspects of engineering and technology.
They develop ability by preparing, supporting, mentoring, and subsidizing the most capable and inventive researchers, innovators, and leaders from across the engineering profession, with a goal of assisting more than 7,500 professionals with upgrading their leadership skills.
They also foster future skills by recognizing the challenges of a constantly changing world and fostering the skills and ideas they need to build a resilient and diverse engineering profession. The Royal Academy of Engineers set itself the objective of working with more than 500 engineering businesses and organizations to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
More than 30 of the researchers they supported throughout the last year are working on solutions in areas applicable to sustainability, including environmentally friendly power, clean drinking water, energy-saving electronic devices, ecological engineering, solar power, pollution, and resilient infrastructure. Through partnerships with the academies for engineering and technology globally, they expect to strengthen worldwide engineering leadership and advance UK expertise and interests.
The Royal Academy of Engineers accepts that the solutions to the present’s most complex economic and social issues lie in the minds of the brightest engineering and technology entrepreneurs. They can help every future engineer turn their ideas into reality by providing a one-of-a-kind bundle of subsidizing, training, networking, and mentoring from the country’s leading engineers, and they don’t charge a dime as a result.
The Royal Academy of Engineering is focused on diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all underrepresented groups across engineering. It is the Academy’s arrangement to ensure that no candidate is disadvantaged or receives less favorable treatment.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Black or Mixed Black Ethnic
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Engineering
- Number of Awards: 10
- Duration: Up to two years
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Award: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested applicants must meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship
- Applicants must be from the underrepresented Black or Mixed Black ethnic background
- Must be considered as a UK students
- The applicants must be eligible for the home-fee admission status
- Must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
- Must be able to be admitted to a Master’s degree in an eligible course for the academic year of 2023-2024
- The applicants must be holding a bachelor’s degree or be in their final year.
- Their course must be in the engineering field as one of the main entry requirements for the scholarship.
The selection board has sole discretion in making the selection of the scholarship recipients and will prioritize applicants who can demonstrate they are socio-economically disadvantaged.
The evidence for the socio-economically will be:
- Are you, or would you say you were, in receipt of any sort of subsidizing — a scholarship, bursary, award, and so on — from your university or the UK government during your final year of undergraduate studies, based on your personal or household monetary situation?
- For graduates- Could it be said that you are now in receipt of state benefits? Applicants will be asked to show, assuming they are right now in receipt of any state benefits, and that would stop as a result of their studies.
Keep in mind, those applicants will be asked to submit evidence, either in the form, of an official awards letter, or any evidence that they are financially incapable to pursue their higher education.
Interested applicants must read the application guidelines and must register and create in an online scholarship portal provided by the Academy.
The application form can be completed in an online portal. Applicants must be able to complete all the required documents needed to support their application for the scholarship.
- All applications will be evaluated by the scholarship committee.
- The application will be invited for te interview by April 2023.
- The successful candidates will be interviewed in May 2023.
- Interviews will take to up to 35 minutes.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified after the interview.
- Scholarship award will be announced by May 2023.
- £25,000 funds that will cover their full tuition fee and maintenance costs.
- Training and networking events along with the Motorsports representatives.
- Motorsports Experience
- Career training
- Access in the online communities and collaborations, communications with other scholars and supporters
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 6, 2023.