Economic conditions in the United States and throughout the world, as well as an ever more competitive job market, have made the need for an undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree a virtual necessity for today’s students. At the same time, the higher costs of education pose a serious and challenging barrier for students and their families to bear. The PRCUA recognizes the necessity of assistance for students of the Polish American community and has developed several financial vehicles to aid in the pursuit of undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The PRCUA acknowledges that continuing one’s education is important to get ahead in life. We encourage everyone to take advantage of our scholarships. Scholarships from the PRCUA are but one of its many member benefits.
Eligibility & Reguirements
- The application must be completed in its entirety. Do not submit resumes. Applications must be typed – any handwritten applications will be immediately disqualified.
- Official transcripts must be supplied to PRCUA by the university registrar. Speak to the registrar’s office for information on obtaining an official document. The transcript must be postmarked or emailed on or before June 1st.
- Letter of recommendation verifying student’s active celebration of Polish heritage signed by the person referring student must be included. This letter cannot come from a family member. Unsigned letters will not be accepted.
- Letter of recommendation verifying student’s active community service signed by the person referring student must be included. This letter cannot come from a family member. Unsigned letters will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have successfully completed their freshman year of undergraduate studies before the deadline for filing an application. An official transcript or other documentation from the applicant’s school must be sent directly by the educational institution to the PRCUA on or before the deadline of June 1st.
- Eligible applicants consist of sophomores, juniors, and seniors enrolled full-time in undergraduate study or those students enrolled in graduate or professional degree programs. Full-time enrollment shall conform to those guidelines established by the federal financial aid program. (A minimum of twelve credit hours for day students or eight credit hours for evening students.) Part-time graduate or professional students are eligible.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or 4.0 or better on a 5.0 scale.
- All applicants must be either citizen of the United States or permanent residents.
How to Apply
Click the link given to be taken to the application PDF.
Reward from Scholarship
$500 – $5,000
All applications must be turned in by June 1, 2021. Awards will be announced by August 15th.