General information about the scholarship program
The Women in Sciences Scholarship – PRONABEC, 2021 undergraduate allows to study careers in Sciences, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
This call is aimed at Peruvian female students with high academic performance who are in the fifth year of secondary school in 2020 either in Regular Basic Education (EBR) or its equivalent in Alternative Basic Education (EBA) in public educational institutions and private recognized by the Ministry of Education of Peru.
The objective is to guarantee the efficient and transparent administration of the stages of the Women in Science Scholarship – Undergraduate – Call 2021 contest.
For this call, there are 150 scholarships available, nationwide. The scholarship is awarded for the period of the degree or study program according to the curriculum or study plan of the university with a minimum duration of ten (10) consecutive academic semesters, until the degree or its equivalent.
Scholarship for Peruvian women to carry out undergraduate studies in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics careers.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship includes:
1. Endowment. Basic pension for studies.
2. Accommodation (when applicable) and food.
3. Transportation. Local mobility.
4. Enrollment / Tuition. Fully included.
5. Others. English language courses, laptops, stationery, study materials, and/or uniforms (when applicable), among others.
NOTE: This is a special scholarship, financed by the Ministry of Education through PRONABEC, for university undergraduate studies that subsidizes its
direct and indirect costs.
Natural, exact, and computer sciences
Engineering, manufacturing, and construction
Levels of study
Bachelor / Degree
Who awards the scholarship?
National Program of Scholarships and Educational Loans – PRONABEC.
Requirements to apply for the scholarship
1. Have high academic performance in 3rd and 4th grade of EBR secondary school or its equivalent in EBA as appropriate, that is, they meet the following two requirements, in each of the years of the study mentioned:
1.1. Higher tenth or the equivalent grade for those who do not have information in SIAGIE 5 first places in mathematics and science and technology courses or the equivalent grade for those who do not have information in SIAGIE.
1.2. In the case of students from private educational institutions, they must have a poor or extremely poor socioeconomic condition according to the Household Targeting System (SISFOH).
2. Institutions, venues, and eligible careers:
2.1. The Institutions of Higher Education (IES), headquarters, and careers have been determined in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 29.1 of the Regulation.
2.2. In the case of Private Universities, those Licensed institutions that are located within the TOP 30 of the List of Prioritized HEIs of the Program are eligible.
2.3. In the case of Public Universities, all Licensed Universities are considered.
2.4. The list of eligible HEIs can be expanded, upon acceptance of their participation in this contest and in compliance with the aforementioned criteria, up to 15 calendar days before the end of the Scholarship Application Stage.
3. Eligible careers are only those that correspond to the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and whose study regime is developed in the face-to-face modality.
Application and necessary documents
The registration phase for the National Exam is carried out virtually through the institutional portal of PRONABEC (www.pronabec.gob.pe).
1. National Identity Document Number (DNI) is consulted online with the National Registry of Identification and Civil Status (RENIEC).
2. For students of privately managed Educational Institutions, being in a condition of poverty or extreme poverty, which is consulted online through the Household Targeting System – SISFOH in the Enrollment Module. This requirement is not requested for students of Educational Institutions of public management.
3. Accredit high academic performance at least tenth superior and place within the first 5 positions in the courses of mathematics and science and technology in each of the last two completed high school grades.
4. Affidavits and Forms generated by the Registration Module.
5. Document that proves having entered an IES, headquarters, and eligible career to start studies in the academic semester 2021-I or 2021-II.
6. Document proving having completed the secondary level of regular basic education (EBR) or alternative (EBA) in 2020.
7. Format generated by the Application Module.