When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country like Tajikistan, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Tajikistan and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Tajikistan:
- Baer Reintegration Scholarship
- SP Jain School of Global Management – Postgraduate Merit Scholarships in India
- Navigate Your Future Scholarship
- The Bill Walsh Scholarship
- The UWC National Committee for Tajikistan – Bachelor Scholarships
- The Short-Term Travel Fellowships
- Tajikistan (Chevening Scholarship)
- Study in the U.S.A. – U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan
- The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship by Japanese Grant Aid (JDS)
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars Awards
- American University in Bulgaria – Open Society Institute Scholarships
- The Network Scholarship Programs and the Centre National
- Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS)
- Tajik Scholarship Program, funded by the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
- The Fulbright Program
- The University of Central Lancashire Scholarships for Tajikistan students
- ICCR Scholarship for Tajiks
- Public International Law and Human Rights LLM Scholarships, Riga Graduate School of Law, Latvia
- Scholarships at Institute of Energy of Tajikistan in Tajikistan
Student Visa in Tajikistan
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Tajikistan. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Tajikistan, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Tajikistan
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.