When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country like Kuwait, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Kuwait and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Kuwait
- Berrows International Scholarship
- Kuwait Ministry Of Higher Education Scholarship Program (MOHE)
- Kuwait Scholarships Without IELTS | Fully Funded
- Ministry of Higher Education Kuwait Scholarship
- Education Future International Scholarships for Students in Kuwait
- GUST Scholarships
- ICGEB Grants
- Elizabeth Green Shields Foundation Grant
- The Garden Club of America – Available to students who are citizens of Kuwait but would like to study abroad at an accredited American University
- Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarships
- All International Students (Kuwaiti, Non-Kuwaiti, and Diploma) – Kuwait Ministry of Private Education Scholarships
- Kuwait Excellence Scholarship program for Arab and Kuwait citizens
Student Visa in Kuwait
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Kuwait. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Kuwait, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
International students will need to check the government website of either their own country concerning Kuwait or the actual Kuwait government website to see if international students are being let into the country for long periods of time.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Kuwait.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.