When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country like Saudi Arabia, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Saudi Arabia and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Scholarships
- King Fahd University Scholarship
- King Abdulaziz University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies
- Islamic Development Bank Scholarship
- Mahmoud Saleh Rabbani Scholarships
- Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Opportunities
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Scholarships
- Dar Al-Hekma Merit Award at Dar Al-Hekma University
- King Abdullah University Scholarship
- SP Jain School of Global Management Scholarship
- Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada – Media Fellowships
- Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Scholarship Program
- MiSK Foundation Fellowship & Traineeship Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC)
- Institute of Public Administration (IPA) Scholarships
- University of British Columbia Neporany Doctoral Fellowship in Canada
- Qatar Airways National Scholarship Program
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2023
- Saudi Arabia – Rhodes Trust Scholarships (Only two students are chosen per academic year to win this opportunity)
Student Visa in Saudi Arabia
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Saudi Arabia. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Saudi Arabia, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Saudi Arabia.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.