Students who are interested in studying in Bulgaria will find reason information that will help them to navigate this country. From the official language to others languages routinely spoken throughout the country, to what to expect for a month-to-month rent living situation.
We will even cover what universities are currently open to the public and private institutions that are still open. There are a few universities that some students will find within their internet search that have closed down in Bulgaria. But we have the currently open universities list below.
Along with living costs, we have provided an annual tuition cost section that will detail a bit about what a student can expect to spend in tuition per academic year. There is an average cost along with a maximum amount that can be expected with more needed resources topics such as medical.
We always suggest that within the student’s study search, or where to study and at what university to look through each university website and utilize the contact information to gain more insight.
Universities in Bulgaria:
- New Bulgarian University
- American University in Bulgaria
- Sofia University
- Technical University, Sofia
- Varna University of Management
- Medical University, Sofia
- University of National and World Economy
- University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy
- Trakia University
- Technical University of Varna
- Shumen University
- Technical University of Gabrovo
- University of Economics – Varna
- Sofia University of Mining and Geology
- European Polytechnical University
- University of Forestry, Sofia
- Burgas Free University
- South-West University Neofit Rilski
- Plovdiv Medical University
- University of Ruse
- University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy
- Plovdiv University “Paisii Hilendarski”
- Veliko Tarnovo University
- Varna Medical University
- D.A.Tsenov Academy of Economics
- Medical University Pleven
- University of Library Studies and Information Technologies
- National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts
- Agricultural University of Plovdiv
- National Sports Academy Vasil Levski
- International Business School Botevgrad
- National Academy of Arts
- University of Food Technology
- National Academy of Music (Bulgaria)
- Vasil Levski National Military University
As one can tell there are so many university opportunities in Bulgaria that it may seem overwhelming at first, but surely students will be able to find one that matches the exact interests they wish to pursue.
Cost of Living for Students
Typical living costs will average between the lower end of $245 USD to rent an apartment. Or if the student wishes to live in the city center with more rooms available within their space, they can expect to pay an average of $1,042 per month for rent alone. But that is all about how much space the student needs while living in Bulgaria.
For a student that tends to go out a lot they should have around an extra $600 USD to use just for other necessities.
Annual Tuition Estimated Cost
An undergraduate degree would cost on average between at least $3650 to a possible $7,100 USD per year depending on the undergraduate program. This price just climbs for each degree level.
Main Languages Spoken in Bulgaria
What is the main language spoken in Bulgaria? Bulgarian is the main and official language of the country. Other languages spoken are Balkan Romani, Vlax Romani, Turkish, and English.