Students from Africa can start their application for the International Students Awards at The University of Sydney in Australia for the academic year of 2022-2023. The university encourages eligible countries in Africa to further their higher education at one of the most prestigious universities in Australia, it offers a tuition fee reduction for outstanding students who wish to start their educational journey.
The Students Awards recognize the academic excellence of the students from eligible countries in Africa, celebrating the diversity and talents of the community of international students. The university wants to extend its support to help motivate international students to achieve their academic and personal goals in life by providing a tuition fee reduction to help them focus on their studies and lessen their financial barriers.
The beneficiaries of the awards will be awarded a 20% tuition fee reduction for the whole duration of their chosen program at the university. Whether you will be commencing your undergraduate, graduate, or research degree, as long as you are from the list of eligible countries, you can start your application now!
Scholarship Provider: The University of Sydney
About the Provider
For almost 170 years, the University of Sydney has been challenging traditions, since 1850 the University of Sydney is one of the top 50 research universities in the world. It is a public research university that believes in equal access to education and leadership that improves the lives of those who serve it.
The opportunities that the university offers are endless and enriching. Teachers are approachable and open and the quality of education is excellent. In order to have a greater impact on the outside, you will communicate with renowned professors, the latest technology, and leading researchers.
Aiming to better each life by developing more leaders in the society and equipping them with the leadership qualities sot they can contribute to the communities in any way they can.
The university offers a variety of courses are ranked in different categories, a high-quality education that can help every student to be on the top. In this modern world and fees rise, the University of Sydney makes sure that every student can afford the rising cost of tuition fees and other related fees by annually providing a scholarship and grants to outstanding students who aim to further their educational journey in Australia.
University of Sydney graduates have been named the busiest in Australia and the world’s districts by the QS Graduate Employability 2022. Has been named Australia’s number one graduate employer, a position it has held in the last six QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
The QS alumni employability ranking shows how well universities are preparing students for staff entry. It is based on five indicators: the reputation of the employer, the results of the graduates, the cooperation with the employers at the faculty, the connection between the employer and the student, and the employment of the graduates.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Eligible Countries in Africa
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, and Research
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by the university.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: The awards duration for the whole chosen courses of the awardees
- Scholarship Awards: 20% tuition fee reduction
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application process, interested students must check their eligibility for the scholarship program.
- International students.
- Citizen of the eligible countries in Africa.
- Must be able to receive admission to a full-time higher degree at the University commencing in 2023.
- Residents of Australia, New Zealand are not eligible.
- Applicants must not start their higher degree studies at the University of Sydney at the time of the scholarship application.
- The students who wil be commencing their second degree at the University of Sydney will be eligible.
- Must have a good communication skills in oral and written English.
Application for the scholarship program can be accessed in an online portal provided by the university, however, as part of your application, you will be asked to select your nationality. If the applicants are from ineligible countries, you will be prompted to provide personal statements.
The application will let the students choose their courses, applicants can utilize the filters to search depending on their degree and interests.
Upon choosing your courses and degree, the applicant will be asked for a personal statement from the applicant which uses the university templates to continue outlining the following in maximum of 200 words.
- What is your inspiration to apply to the university?
- Your future achievement in the chosen courses at the university and will it help you to achieve your future goals?
Successful students who will be receiving the scholarship award will be notified through their email to receive an offer of admission. The awards will be applied to the student tuition fee along with the admission letter.
- Proof of residency in Africa.
- Must have an offer of admission at the university in any of the higher degree programs.
- Transcript of records
- Copy of passport
- Personal statements
- Letter of Motivation
- The recipient of the awards will be receiving a 20% tuition fee reduction from the University of Sydney.
- The scholarship award will be directly applied to the student’s overall tuition fee, therefore there will be no payment to be sent directly to the students.
In order for the recipient to continue to receive the scholarship awards, they must not incur any extraordinary fees.
The scholarship is transferable to another field as a degree offered by the University of Sydney, but not transferable to another university.
If the scholar transfers to another degree at the University of Sydney, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the scholarship awards are transferred to his or her renewed enrollment.
If the scholarship award is not awarded, the student must immediately report to the Student Contact Center. The prize cannot be applied retroactively to tuition fees per semester if the census date has ended in that semester.
- The students must read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied for the scholarship.
The scholarship application is open for the academic year of 2022-2023.