The William Orr Dingwall Foundation is giving away a total of seven scholarships or Korean Ancestry Grants that is worth $10,000 USD each. This scholarship grant will be available for the next school year (2018-2019). Also, the number of awards that will be given will depend on the number of applicants who demonstrated outstanding abilities and by the available funds that the foundation have.
To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must have an Asian heritage (at least one of the grandparents should be Asian). Also, those came from Korean Ancestry will receive a great preference over the other applicants.
On top of that, the foundation requires its applicants to possess the following criteria and submit the necessary documents listed below:
• Must have a GPA of 3.50 or higher
• Must be taking or will take an undergraduate program
• Submit a statement which is less than 1,000 words stating the applicant’s need for financial support
• Two to three recommendation letters (from teachers or professors who knows the applicant greatly which is needed to provide credible information about the applicant’s strengths and weaknesses in his/her academic performance)
• A transcript of grades (must be official and sealed by the school)
The application for this scholarship will start on December 1, 2017 and will end by January 31, 2018.
For further information about the Korean Ancestry Grant, visit the foundation’s website.