The Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund awards $60,000 to millions in need-based college scholarships each year to deserving young men and women who have worked at Massachusetts golf courses.
Institutions where will carry out the studies:
Who can participate?:
Scholar status is judged on academic achievement and potential leadership, including school and community activities, interviews, essays, motivation, character, integrity, golf service, and various recommendations.
The Scholarship is a four-year renewable scholarship. The Fund is an equal opportunity scholarship program and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, or ethnic origin.
Levels and areas of study:
Undergraduate or higher education, this covers any area of study.
Instructions to apply:
To get started with applying for a scholarship, please follow these bullet points:
- Sign up for an account by clicking sign up. Enter your email and create a password. It is best to not use a high school email address as it will be your login moving forward.
- Click Sign up.
- Click to create a profile to get started.
- Input your contact information.
- Click Save. Click ok to start your entry.
- Scroll down and click get started.
- Fill out the eligibility form by clicking edit. Once completed (click save and then submit on the main application page), an Ouimet staff member will view your requirements and move you forward in the application process if you qualify. You will receive an email when this is complete. In order to qualify, you must have worked 2 years at a Massachusetts Golf Club and be attending an accredited college in 2021/2022.
December 1, 2020
- Online application form & 3 essays
- Applicant photo
- Club supervisor recommendation
- Ouimet club chairman or club member recommendation
- Official or unofficial high school/college transcript through Spring 2020
- An official copy of SAT/ACT scores (in addition, please send any new SAT scores after December 1, 2020)
- Guidance counselor/college adviser recommendation