With the aim of helping students who have a flair and exceptional talent in theatre, the Rupert T. Barber Scholarship is built. As long as the student demonstrates his/her engagement in theatre related school activities, maintains the required GPA for his/her course, and shows a great progress in his/her course requirements, the Rupert T. Barber Scholarship is renewable for the next three years of the applicant’s study.
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must be a student at Davidson College first. After that, the applicant will have the access to submit an application for the Rupert T. Barber Scholarship.
Also, the applicant is required to submit the following documents to be evaluated for the scholarship:
• An accomplished application for admission
(follow this link: http://www.davidson.edu/admission-and-financial-aid/how-to-apply)
• An accomplished scholarship application (follow this link: https://admission.davidson.edu/account/login?r=https%3a%2f%2fadmission.davidson.edu%2fapply%2fform%3fid%3d914fb033-0f4a-43b0-ab50-b8a93540b1c4)
• A letter stating what is the role of theatre in the applicant’s life
• A recommendation letter (must be from a current mentor in theatre)
• A portfolio of the applicant’s own work or a monologue video
Even if the scholarship is awarded to students who has a passion and talent in theatre, the recipient is not required to be a theatre major. All of the shortlisted candidates must perform on Davidson’s campus during Recognition, Scholars Celebration, and Decision Davidson Weekend.
For more information about the Rupert T. Barber Scholarship, visit the scholarship provider’s website.