Nigerian undergraduates studying in Nigeria and the diaspora are invited to submit entries for the 2022 competition.
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) launched the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP) to encourage literary originality and critical thinking among Nigerian undergraduates. The prize has received over 3500 entries from students representing over 100 tertiary institutions (including universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, schools of nursing, and seminary schools) since its inception in 2016 at the University of Ibadan.
About the Scholarship:
The Poets in Nigeria Initiative was created in Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria, in 2015 to satisfy the multifaceted demands connected with the expanding popularity of poetry reading, writing, and performance in Nigeria.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Create a comprehensive internet directory of Nigerian poets.
- Provide poets with a plethora of possibilities to demonstrate their lyrical abilities.
- Act as a proving ground for poets to enhance their reading, writing, and performance talents through literary programs organized by PIN, such as poetry workshops and residencies.
- Ensure that registered poets and their works are protected and promoted internationally.
- Give poets recognizable voices in Nigeria and beyond our borders
- Assist poets with editing and publishing.
VISION: To be Nigeria’s foremost literary hub driven by poetry.
(1) Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP)
(2) CHAP BOOK SERIES
(3) Punchy Poetry
(4) The Arthub, Lagos
(5) Festival Poetry Calabar
(6) The GlassDoor
(7) PIN 10-day Poetry Challenge
(9) Oral Solutions
(10) Quarterly Poetry Journal
(11) Annual Food Poetry Contest
(12) Photo Poetry
(13) Steps & Stops
(14) Tongues of Poetry
(15) Naija Poetry Performance
(16) PIN Photo Runway
(17) Collaborative Poetry Performance
(18) Spoken Call
(19) Storytelling from yesterday
(20) From the Neighborhoods
(21) Gallery of Poems
(22) National Poets Residency
(23) PIN NAIJA TV
(24) PIN 360
(25) Word Spelling Competition
(26) PIN LITERARY INTERVIEWS
(27) From the Connect Centres
(28) PIN Talks
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP)
Host Country(s): Nigeria
Scholarship Worth: #500,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Aside from a monetary prize of?500,000, outstanding entries will get a certificate of excellence and a complimentary copy of the NSPP anthology featuring their work.
- The first prize is worth?200,000.
- Second Place –?150,000
- Third Place –?75,000
4.?25,000 consolation prize for the 4th, 5th, and 6th best entrants
Eligibility for Scholarship
NSPP Undergraduate Grant Qualification Requirements
- All Nigerian undergraduates studying in Nigeria and the diaspora are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited tertiary institution.
The Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP) 2022 for Nigerian Undergraduates is open to only Nigeria Students
Are you both interested and qualified? To apply, go to nspp.poetsinnigeria.org.ng/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/nspp/ns
For more information, please contact the moderator at +2348130900109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions should be made at http://nspp.poetsinnigeria.org.ng, following the instructions carefully.
- Entrants should write on any topic they like while keeping in mind the issue’s relevance.
- The judges’ unanimous rulings will not be disputed under any circumstances.
- By entering the contest, you grant PIN the automatic right to use your entry as it sees fit.
- All entries must be written in the English language. Footnotes must be used to translate native terms into English.
- For regular updates, entrants can visit www.poetsinnigeria.org.ng.
- Entrants must offer their works unique titles.
- Underneath your work, write the topic you choose.
- Poems must be the entrants’ unique intellectual property.
- Each entrant is limited to a single entry of no more than 30 lines.
- Entries must have never been published before. If a submission is found to have violated this rule, it will be automatically canceled.
- All entrants must purchase at least one of the six NSPP anthologies available for purchase on the submission page.
The application deadline for Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP) 2022 for Nigerian Undergraduates is March 7, 2022
You could also apply for $2,000 WiNUP Scholarships in USA 2022
The International Network of Women Public Service Professionals (WinUp) believes that it helps all members of the industry to deepen their knowledge. In that regard, WiNUPis is offering three scholarships: the Julia Kiene Scholarship, the Lyle Mamer Scholarship, and the LouisanMamer Scholarship.
These scholarships are basically for women pursuing higher education (through a bachelor’s degree) so that they can pursue careers in public service or related fields. The International Network of Women Professional Utility (WinUp) will pay a total of $3,500 for three scholarships.
The International Network of Women Utilities Professionals (WinUp) was founded in 1923, then known as the Roundtable of Women Electricians, by women for women. We exist to support our members professionally and personally in public service.
This is an organization to develop a link and recognize professionals involved in the trend, topics, products, and services for utilities.
These scholarships are available annually to women seeking degrees (beyond a bachelor’s degree), which will lead to careers in the utility industry or allied fields.
The WiNUP Scholarships 2020 will take place in the United States of America.
The scholarships are open to students seeking graduate degrees that will lead to careers in the utility industry or related fields.
The Women’s International Network of Public Service Professionals (WiNUP) will provide a total amount of $3,500 in its three scholarships.
- The Julia Kiene Scholarship is a grant of $2,000 per year.
- The Lyle Mamer Scholarship, a $1,000 annual scholarship
- The LouisanMamer scholarship is a grant of $500 per year
The WiNUP scholarship is available to women in the United States.
The number of offers is not specified.
To qualify, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be regionally or nationally recognized at a recognized university.
- The candidate must be a woman to pursue further education (via a bachelor’s degree) in the public service sector or related fields.
- Relevant fields must be related to a career in a public service-related profession such as engineering, business administration, accounting, environmental science, communications, information technology, etc.
To apply, the applicant can download the application form through the given link:
- Two letters of reference
- Applicant Statement – Attach a paragraph explaining:
- Why are you interested in continuing your education?
- How do you hope to contribute to the energy field after completing your studies?
- Financial Statement: Please explain in a short paragraph, how was your college education financed? Include a paragraph of estimated expenses.