The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) seeks to identify young people in Africa who are academically talented but economically disadvantaged and who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values as evidenced by their leadership. The MCFSP targets academically talented but economically disadvantaged young people in Africa. Internships and volunteer work within the community are required aspects of participation in the Program. Students who have been selected to participate in the MCFSP and have been conditionally accepted to pursue a postgraduate degree at UP are eligible to receive a full scholarship. After finishing their education, graduates have a responsibility to contribute back to the communities in which they were raised in their home nations.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Pretoria (UP) is widely regarded as one of the best educational institutions in all of Africa and as South Africa’s most comprehensive contact university. We do research with a social impact in order to find answers to the most important problems facing the world today. Because we are one of the largest research universities in South Africa, we are dedicated to locating answers to the challenges that are now being confronted by society. Students from all over the world have a desire to work and study at our exemplary facilities alongside our world-class researchers, and we are able to accommodate their needs.
In addition to the Gordon Institute of Business Science, the University of the Philippines (UP) is home to nine faculties that offer undergraduate and graduate programs (GIBS). Innovative and cutting-edge research that is relevant to the requirements of both the nation and the world is carried out by UP researchers. UP is at the vanguard of tertiary education and collaborates with partners that are among the best in the world to ensure that its research, teaching, and learning are of the highest possible quality. In its research, teaching, and provision of services, the university makes extensive use of technologies that are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. A group from the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Toronto successfully performed the world’s first middle-ear transplant utilizing bones that were 3-D printed.
The world’s first lion cubs were born to a mother who had undergone a non-surgical kind of artificial insemination to create their offspring. Researchers from the University of Pittsburgh’s Mammal Research Institute and Faculty of Veterinary Science were members of the multinational team that made the first photograph of a black hole by utilizing a global network of antennas. Thanks to their efforts, the world now has an image of a black hole. UP is the first university in Africa to collaborate with projects for science, innovation, Territories, and economy, and it is also the first university in the world to collaborate with the Montpellier University of Excellence (I-SITE MUSE)
It is said that UP is the first institution in Africa to make use of the client service robot that UP possesses. The University of the Free State (UP) boasts the first Library MakerSpace in South Africa. This is a creative laboratory that brings together people who have ideas with people who have the technical skills to make those ideas a reality. Both instructing and being instructed
The level of teaching and learning that takes on in our classrooms, as well as online and in our communities, is exceptionally high. Our students will be able to graduate on time as well-rounded, responsible citizens who are completely prepared for life after university because we have support systems in place for them. Our degrees are not only acknowledged in our home country but also around the world. If you put UP after your name and have a qualification, it will never go unnoticed because we have agreements in place with the relevant legal accreditation agencies all around the world. We are extremely proud of our ability to foster innovation by ensuring that the University of Pittsburgh’s Technology Transfer Office adequately patents UP inventors’ creations (TTO). The TTO has been instrumental in the launch of over ten new businesses, which together are responsible for the employment of over two hundred individuals, the vast majority of whom are UP alumni.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MasterCard Foundation
Scholarship Country: South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
The following topics will be discussed throughout the program:
- Full tuition fees
- Housing at a University of Pennsylvania residence
- Books and other forms of written material
- A token sum paid out on a monthly basis
- Medical help (Ingwe only)
- Travel expenses (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- The price of one visa application valid for the entirety of the student’s time abroad.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Candidates must be eligible nationals of a country located in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The applicants should come from economically deprived backgrounds and be able to demonstrate that they are financially needy.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate their potential for leadership and should be actively involved in some kind of charitable endeavor, preferably in their local community, their schools, or their churches.
- The pursuit of academic success is of the utmost importance, and students are required to always keep a high grade point average.
- Candidates must be in their first year of enrollment in the degree program and be applying for the position for the first time.
- Prior academic achievement will be taken into consideration during the selection process; but, just as important is how well an applicant meshes with the spirit of the Program, which places equal emphasis on academic excellence as well as leadership and community development in Africa. Applicants who are selected must demonstrate a dedication to finishing their requirements in the allotted amount of time, returning to their home countries, and contributing to the communities in which they were raised.
If you live in the United Kingdom and want to get a scholarship for your first year of college, the University of Leeds has the best one for you. Through the Head of School Excellence Scholarship, the University of Leeds gives undergraduate students who are very smart and talented the chance to get their tuition fees paid for. The value of this scholarship is about $9,750.
The University of Pretoria MasterCard 2022 Scholarships for African Students is open to all International Students
Students who are considering attending the University of Pretoria and who are interested in applying for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program are required to adhere to the application procedures outlined on the Scholarship webpage.
The application deadline for University of Pretoria MasterCard 2022 Scholarships for African Students is October 31, 2022