PhD Project-Based Graduate Research Scholarships in Developing Multi-functional Fluorescent Probes, Offered by La Trobe University in Australia in 2022. As a candidate for the PhD, you will be required to participate in a supervised research project that will conclude in the presentation of a thesis for examination. This thesis must satisfy the learning outcomes outlined in the following section:
- a sizeable corpus of information at the cutting edge of a subject of study or learning, particularly knowledge that constitutes an original contribution to that discipline.
- your capacity to provide a critical analysis of relevant literature and research that is currently available, to appreciate and comprehend the relationship of the investigations carried out by the candidate to the larger body of knowledge within which these investigations are located, and to deduce the contribution to knowledge that has been made by these investigations.
- your familiarity with and comprehension of the methodological procedures utilized in the research, as well as your awareness of any limitations related with these procedures
- a level of literary presentation that is sufficient and demonstrates a capacity to communicate in a way that is clear, concise, and authoritative and is suitable for the area of research and the academic community to which it is intended.
About the Scholarship:
The La Trobe Institution is a well regarded educational establishment that can be found in Melbourne, Australia. This institution started off with a freshman class of 552 students when it was first created in 1967, and it has kept up a solid reputation in the field of research for more than half a century now. It is ranked in the top 1.3 percent of the 20,000 universities that are found across the globe, which indicates that it is widely considered to be one of the best research institutions in the world. The most recent rankings published by Times Higher Education place La Trobe University at number 397, while the Golden Age Rankings place it at number 59. It has a well-established track record of success in scientific research that is widely acknowledged. Both the Melbourne and Albury Wodonga campuses of this educational establishment are home to state-of-the-art research labs.
This educational establishment possesses the most extensive metropolitan campus in all of Australia, with its primary location being in the city of Melbourne. The invention and product development of new products is a primary emphasis of the company’s research park, which collaborates with local businesses, academic institutions, and government organizations. The Technology Enterprise Centre (TEC) of the La Trobe University of Research and Development is the institution’s central nervous system. In addition to this, it possesses regional campuses in three distinct areas of Melbourne. The university is home to approximately 36,000 students at the moment, with 7,000 of those being international students hailing from 110 different nations. More than 7500 students are enrolled at the Melbourne campus, which consists of several different campuses around the state of Australia, including Albury Wodonga, Bendigo, Melbourne city, Mildura, and Sydney.
In the employability rankings for 2018/19 in Australia, this university came in at position number 14. This university takes great pride in its accreditation as a Green Star Community, which has earned it a rating of six stars overall. Employers in Australia ranked this institution as the second best in the state of Victoria and the fifth best in the nation for the fundamental and adaptive skills that its students possess, according to a poll of employer satisfaction. La Trobe University has a well-deserved reputation for producing remarkable alumni who have achieved success in a wide array of professional arenas. La Trobe University, which has approximately 200,000 alumni, has been responsible for producing noteworthy figures in a variety of sectors, including business, politics, athletics, and other areas. Noteworthy graduates from this university include Jacinta Collins, a well-known politician, Neil J. Gunther, a well-known physicist and computer scientist, and Tim Flannery, a well-known professor and paleontologist. These three individuals are just a handful of the notable alumni from this university. Work Integrated Learning is a program that is offered by the educational establishment in an effort to assist students in gaining professional experience and developing skills that are applicable in the workplace.
Students have the opportunity to enroll in study abroad programs, and those students who are citizens of China, Mauritius, Singapore, or Vietnam can acquire a degree from La Trobe University by attending one of the university’s partner universities located in those countries. Students have the opportunity to participate in student media in a variety of different formats, including the Rabelais Student Media newspaper as well as the 3rd Degree magazine. On the Melbourne campus you’ll find a fully equipped gymnasium, squash and tennis courts, volleyball, badminton, indoor soccer, netball, and basketball courts, a swimming pool, as well as dance and yoga studios. Over ninety different student-run organizations and societies can be found within the educational establishment. Some of these include coding, yoga, Latin dance, music, and chess, among many more.
The Student’s Union plays host to a variety of activities and gatherings all during the academic year. Helping services geared specifically toward students. When you choose La Trobe, you can count on us to be by your side every step of the way, providing you with direction, information, and support. Our mission is to continue offering education of a world-class standard while ensuring the security of our students in light of the fact that COVID-19 has an impact on our global community. We are giving you more flexibility and support to study with us in a variety of different ways, including the ability to begin your education with us online and then continue it on campus; an increased number of scholarship opportunities; access to study support whenever and wherever you are; and flexibility as well as assistance in managing the amount of work you are required to complete. The university’s two colleges offer undergraduate, postgraduate, research, English, and route courses. The arts college focuses on the social sciences and business, while the scientific college emphasizes health and engineering. At these two colleges, students have the opportunity to pursue education in a wide variety of fields, some of which include business, law, biological sciences, rural health, and public health, among others.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): La Trobe University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
During the academic year 2022/2023, La Trobe University in Australia will pay a wage to the successful individuals who will be working there.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The candidates’ applications will be evaluated based on whether or not they satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Open to applicants from Australia and New Zealand, as well as permanent residents of Australia and international applicants who are currently residing in Australia.
- Knowledge and experience in molecular and cell biology are desirable; experience in mass spectrometry proteomics is highly desirable. Applicants are required to have skills in the design and synthesis of chemical substances.
With the Bursary, students who don’t receive full support from outside sources can continue their education. Student expenses such as rent, living expenses, child support, and the like may rise unexpectedly and the Bursary is designed to assist them. Submittals for one-year bursaries ranging from $500 to $5,000 will be reviewed by the Economic History Society, which provides financial aid to postgraduate students (PhD) enrolled in UK institutions of higher educations.
The La Trobe University 2022 Project-Based Graduate Research Scholarships in Developing Multi-functional Fluorescent Probes, Australia for PhD is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To apply, visit the website student-latrobe.studylink.com on the La Trobe University website. You can also send an email to [email protected]. (We will confirm that your application has been received by sending a reply email to the address you provided.)
- Candidates from other countries
- Applications can be submitted online through a platform called the International Online Application System. You will receive an email including your username and password to log into the Student Portal and begin your online application once you have accessed the online system, entered and submitted your details, and then submitted your information. Before your application can be taken into consideration, you will be needed to scan and upload any and all documentation that is required.
The application deadline for La Trobe University 2022 Project-Based Graduate Research Scholarships in Developing Multi-functional Fluorescent Probes, Australia for PhD is July 31, 2022