The Academy of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law is proud to offer the American University Washington Human Rights Essay Awards 2023. The awards will be evaluated through the submission of an essay and students all around the world are encouraged to apply for the prestigious competition for the academic year of 2023-2024.
The Human Rights Essay Awards is one of the competitive awards offered by the American University Washington College of Law and is offered annually to enhance the production of the academic world related to international human rights law.
Regardless of your nationality, the Essay Award will be open to all lawyers all around the world!
Essay Topic for 2023: Equality and Human rights confronting the racial discriminations
Scholarship Provider: American University Washington College of Law
About the Provider
The custom of Advancement, Greatness, and Energy for Law and order Started around 1896
The soul of their practice lies in the hearts and brains of the local area individuals, who are devoted to the professional headway and prosperity of their students and graduated class, and who endeavor to “Champion What Is important,” locally, broadly, and internationally.
Around here at American University Washington College of Law, you meet the reality where you will rehearse your professions. The world has become basically borderless, where economic, political, and social changes require imaginative lawful investigation and arrangements.
They prepare their students in remarkable ways to explore this new reality. A top law school that gives phenomenal legitimate training in every aspect of the law, Washington School of Law has prestigious projects in experiential learning (centers and externships), international law, law and government, protected innovation, health law, business, and orientation and the law. These crucial projects establish a climate rich with open doors for you.
At Washington College of Law, they take pride in their renowned excellence which includes the educational experience, trial advocacy, and International and Competitive Law programs. The students have an access to unparalleled professional education which combined the depth and breadth of the course and program offered by the university.
American University Washington College of Law is an establishment with a fascinating legacy. It was established a while back by two pioneering ladies – Ellen Spencer Mussey and Emma Gillett – when ladies were for the most part prohibited from the legal calling. The pioneers made a custom of giving open doors to those generally outside the standard of the lawful calling.
They likewise accepted that lawyers played a pivotal part to play in the improvement of society, business, government, and individual opportunities. Their uncommon premonition and constancy have framed the establishment of this law school. North of 120 years after the fact, as a focal point of instructive insightful greatness, where ladies and men from all foundations keep on chasing after the originators’ central goal, WCL is a demonstration of these ladies’ beliefs and tenacity.
Annually, the university offers awards, scholarships, and grants to both local and international students who want to pursue their Law Program in the USA.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field: Law
- Duration: NA
- Number of Awards: Two
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee, living expenses, accommodation, travel expenses.
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application process, the students must meet the eligibility for the award.
- The Essay Awards is open to all lawyers regardless of nationality.
- The participants must be a law degree J.D. Juris Doctor, a bachelor’s degree in Law, or an equivalently the due date of submission.
- Must be able to demonstrate their interest and experience in international human rights law.
- Must be flexible to choose the subject in the essay topic.
- The essay must be in an academic article with a proper citation.
There is no application needed for the Essay Awards, if you are an eligible student you can start your essay and submit it before the deadline for submission.
In the Essay Awards Portal, the applicants must complete the basic information needed to complete the form.
Note: Winning essays – in English and in Spanish-will distributed to The American University International Law Survey (AUILR). The AUILR is a significant diary with pertinent academic material, which gets roughly 1,500 entries yearly and distributes an extensive variety of legal scholarship from teachers, judges, rehearsing lawyers, and eminent legal thinkers.
As part of the application, the students must submit the following and attach it in doc or pdf format at the official portal of the application.
- CV or resume
- The essay must not be longer than 35 pages.
- The text size must be 12 in Times New Roman font and must be double-spaced.
- The footnotes size must be 10
- The size letter of the page must be 8.5 x 11 inches/21.59 x 27.94 cm
- There is no data distinguishing the writer in the essay
Rules for the Essay Award
The Foundation on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at the American University Washington School of Law is glad to demand the accommodation of essays for the Human Rights Essay Award (HREA). Beneficiaries will be picked by the accompanying guidelines:
- The applicants must be holding a law degree and can demonstrate their interest in human rights.
- The past winners are not eligible to apply.
- To apply for the HREA, candidates should pick a subject relating to the point picked by the Foundation for every specific year. Candidates will have the adaptability to pick any subject connected with the meaningful law pertinent to the field. International human rights law will be perceived to incorporate international humanitarian law and international criminal law. The essay should be inside the extent of the subject or it will be excluded.
- The essay that has been written by two people will not be considered.
American University Washington College of Law will provide the following award to successful students:
- Travel allowance to and from the USA
- Living expenses
- Full tuition fee program to advance their studies in Humanitarian Law
- The article wil be published at the American University International Law Review
Deadline for Submission
The deadline to submit the Essay is until January 31, 2023.