The Chevening Scholarships is one of the UK government’s global scholarship programs that gets its funding from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and its partner organizations. Through the program, outstanding scholars from around the world that portray leadership potentials will receive awards to study for a Master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Level of study:
Full-time taught Master’s degree program in any subject at any university in the UK. You can use the course finder to find eligible Master’s degree program.
The number of awards:
About 1500 grants for school will be offered globally
This grant for school is aimed at citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. The complete list of countries that are eligible for this award is available on the official website.
Typically, the Chevening Scholarship will cover student’s tuition fees, monthly living allowance, a return airfare to the UK (economy class), and additional allowances and grants to cater to essential expenditure.
To be eligible for this award, candidates must;
– A citizen of Chevening-eligible country
– Return to their home country for at least two years following the completion of the scholarship
– Have an undergraduate degree which would allow them to gain admission to a post-graduate program at a UK university.
– Have any least two years of work experience
– I have applied to at least three different eligible UK university courses and must have gotten an unconditional offer from any one of these choices as at 16 July 2020.
Interested candidates can apply for the Chevening Awards by indicating their intention on the Chevening online application system which is available via the apply button on the candidate’s country page. Applications close 5th November 2019.
To find out more about the scholarship, visit the official scholarship website