Applications are currently ongoing for the African Leadership Academy and the Mastercard Foundation Sponsored Program called Anzisha Award 2023. The program is designed for young African entrepreneurs, with a top-notch Idea that can transform community growth in Africa. Here is the 2023 Anzisha Mastercard Award.
The Anzisha Prize 2023 is an Opportunity for Africans aimed at building capacity in young companies with the potential to lead the African market and also commit to meeting the unwavering desires of the growing African population.
About Mastercard Anzisha Prize 2023
Application is invited from all African countries or applicants with African origin.
The African Leadership Academy seeks to transform Africa by developing a powerful network of leaders of over 6,000 who will work together to tackle Africa’s greatest challenges, achieve extraordinary social impact and accelerate the continent’s growth trajectory.
Africa’s greatest need is for ethical and business leadership. Too often, we only invest in addressing the symptoms of poor leadership in Africa: giving blankets, food, and medicine to those affected by war, poverty, and hunger.
But these efforts will never stop unless we develop leaders who prevent wars, entrepreneurs who create jobs, and innovators who develop lasting solutions to the root causes of Africa’s problems. Our goal is to develop the future Nelson Mandela, the next Wangari Maathai, and the African Bill Gates.
All African countries are eligible. apply now
Anizisha Award Winner Award 2023
Scholarship Worth: $8,000/$10,000 additional investment in each scholarship recipient
- The monetary reward of a shared amount of $100,000
- Access to $2,000 of world-renowned Business Leadership curriculum and training, with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2,500 rewards for consulting and mentoring services
- $2,000 Reward for Global Talk events or Residency Support Experts
- Regional Indabas $1,000 Rewards Across the Continent
Eligibility Criteria for the 2023 Anzisha Mastercard Award
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 22 with an ID or passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before April 16, 1994, or after April 16, 2001, will not be considered.
- You must be a citizen of an African country with a company based in Africa for African clients/beneficiaries.
- Your business must be running. The Anzisha Award is not for great ideas or business plans; you must have already started and be able to prove it! You have time to start now and get tangible results to share before the apps open.
- Your business, invention, or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, art and culture, sports, etc.). Any type of company is welcome to apply.
- Individuals applying must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, the 2 or 3 co-founders who started a business together). One person can apply for the Award, on behalf of the team.
- The venture is already running: Is the company established with clients and beneficiaries? Does the company deliver value to these beneficiaries and customers?
- Founder Led: Is the company run and managed by the founder?
- Impact: Has the company already demonstrated any impact?
- Scalability: If the business is a for-profit business, is it already earning revenue and does it have potential revenue growth with Anzisha’s support? If the business is a not-for-profit business, is it already reaching beneficiaries and has the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with Anzisha’s support?
- Job creation: Has the company created some jobs and has the potential to create more high-quality jobs?
How to request it?
You are taking the first step to join our support network and have a chance to win a share of $100,000 to grow your business. Thank you for sharing your business or project with us!
To complete your application, you will need to have the following documents ready:
- A copy of your identification (identification document)
- Company registration documents (if your company is registered)
- Logos for your company/project.
- Photos of your project.
- A picture of yourself
Click here to download the complete Anzisha Award Guide
Please note that you can save your application at any time and come back later to complete the questions. If you need help, email them at [email protected].
Deadline for application:
March 31st, 2023.
Mastercard Anzisha Prize 2023 is here for you. Apply today.