Scholarship for students in IPN masters or doctoral academic programs that are not accredited or registered in the Conacyt SNP.
Who awards the scholarship?
The Postgraduate Institutional Scholarship (Study Scholarship) – National Polytechnic Institute, IPN is offered through the Research and Postgraduate Secretariat (SIP) and is aimed at master’s or doctoral students in postgraduate programs in the academic modality. Only students who are pursuing academic master’s or doctoral programs that are not accredited or registered in the National Postgraduate System (SNP) of Conacyt may apply for a Study Scholarship.
The purpose of the scholarships is to support IPN students, enrolled in a postgraduate program that is not accredited or registered with the SNP, to pursue postgraduate studies.
What benefits do the Postgraduate Institutional Scholarships (study scholarship) – National Polytechnic Institute, IPN offer?
The monthly amounts of the scholarships will be $9,000.00 (nine thousand pesos MN) for master’s degrees and $13,000.00 (thirteen thousand pesos MN) for doctorates.
The duration of the study scholarship, both for master’s and doctorate, will be for one year. The first payment of the scholarship, with the corresponding retroactivity, will be made within 20 business days following the publication of the results. Subsequently, the monthly deposit will be made within the first five business days of each month, except for the month of January, which will be subject to the authorization of the budget availability of the corresponding fiscal year.
What are the requirements to achieve one of the Postgraduate Institutional Scholarships (Study Scholarship) – National Polytechnic Institute, IPN?
Postgraduate students who aspire to obtain any type of scholarship must meet the following requirements:
1. Be enrolled full-time in a master’s or doctoral academic program in the academic modality.
2. Not receive economic remuneration for work activities, neither inside nor outside the IPN.
3. Not having had breaks in the study program, except for students who have been in pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum condition; and/or students in some incapacitating health situation duly verified before the Academic Unit;
4. Be nominated by a professor with a postgraduate appointment in the Academic Unit responsible for the program.
5. Have the complete documentation indicated in Table I, according to the type of scholarship requested.
ADDITIONALLY, FOR A STUDY SCHOLARSHIP
a. Have obtained a minimum average of 8.0 in the last school period completed within the postgraduate academic program that applies for your scholarship or, for recent admission students, a minimum average of 7.8 in the immediately previous level of studies.
b. Have obtained a passing grade in all the learning units that you have taken during your career in the current postgraduate program.
c. The student may apply for the scholarship during the semesters indicated in his/her curricular plan; with the exception of cases duly justified and approved by the Postgraduate Scholarships Subcommittee within item III above.
RESTRICTIONS AND INCOMPATIBILITIES
1. Not having equivalent or similar support, granted with fiscal resources for the same purpose, such as National Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies CONACYT or others.
2. In the case of having more than one support for the same purpose, they must make the reimbursement corresponding to the months of support received by the Institutional Postgraduate Scholarship.
3. Compatibility with other types of scholarships granted by the IPN must be consulted in the general scholarship for IPN scholarships.
How do I apply?
It is essential to complete the following two stages for the formal acceptance of the application:
– Stage 1. The registration of the application will be made in accordance with the data established in the SIP-8 Bis, such as name, ballot, average, and credits; and must be done by the applicant through the platform www.becasposgrado.ipn.mx from August 15 to September 2, 2022.
– Stage 2. The applicant must send the indicated documents to the representative of their Academic Unit, which must be integrated into a single PDF, following the order in which they are listed, the file will be identified as follows: Folio_Posgrado_Scholarship requested (for example, for study scholarship: 125_Posgrado_BE.pdf). Which must be done from August 15 to September 9, 2022.
What documents do I need?
Documents required to integrate the digital file of applicants for an institutional postgraduate scholarship:
1. CURP (Downloaded from the RENAPO page)
2. Formats I, II, and III, required (obtained on the platform www.becasposgrado.ipn.mx)
3. SIP-8 bis format, except for new applicants who will present a certificate of average in the immediately previous level of studies
4. For new students: official certificate of studies to the postgraduate program with a number of tickets.
CONSIDERATIONS ON THE ALLOCATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
1. The number of scholarships to be awarded will be subject to the authorized budget.
2. Any student who performs work activities during the validity of the scholarship will be dropped from the scholarship program and will be subject to liability.
3. Matters not covered in this announcement will be resolved by the Postgraduate Scholarships Subcommittee, the Institutional Scholarships Committee, the Scholarships, Incentives, and other Support Means Commission of the General Advisory Council or the competent authority, as the case may be.
What else do I need to know?
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE APPLICANT ACADEMIC UNIT
1. The Academic Units at the end of each semester must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a report on the academic situation of the scholarship students. In the case of Study Scholarship, if they passed all the learning units. In the case of Thesis Scholarship, if they obtained an academic degree.
2. The Academic Unit must give written notice when the student’s school situation changes to the Administrative Coordination of the SIP, no later than 5 business days after the withdrawal or recess is authorized, so that the beneficiary /a of the scholarship does not incur in undue charges.
What are the key dates?
The scholarship will be open from August 15 to September 2, 2022.
The preliminary results will be published on September 30, 2022.
The final results will be published on the page www.ipn.mx/posgrado/ and can be consulted on the student session of the page www.becasposgrado.ipn.mx starting on October 21, 2022.