The Erin Anderson Award recognizes emerging female marketing scholars and mentors while honoring and celebrating the life of Erin Anderson. Erin was a widely respected mentor and scholar whose research made significant contributions to the marketing discipline.
To honor Erin and support her passion for encouraging women in academe, the Erin Anderson Award recognizes a female marketing scholar we anticipate becoming a leading marketing academic in the mold of Erin Anderson.
After the original individual who this award is named became a scholar herself, she looked towards the probable ability to help others. As mentioned on the website, Dr. Anderson was a caring individual who would go out of her way to help mentor Ph.D. students.
With Anderson’s encouragement, many women were able to complete their doctorate degrees with strong force.
- The applicant must be a female who studies academia and is working towards management.
- The applicant must be nominated, but the student cannot nominate themselves.
- The applicant must also be somewhat of an emerging research individual in her experienced field. Documents and research projects will need to be shared.
- The mentor must have a substantial background that shows she has mentored doctoral students or junior faculty members.
For this scholarship, there is an awards ceremony that happens when nominated individuals are chosen.
This is an international scholarship award that multiple students from Canada and the United States have won. While this foundation is still relatively new, the private sponsor is looking to expand its efforts even to further parts of the world.
Students will need to show that they are excellent in academic settings, with a high 4.0-grade point average, and a top-notch research marketer within their selected study field. This can involve the subjects of science, math, English, digital marketing, and more.
The type of core classes that research marketers will need to have before applying for this scholarship would contain:
- advertising and promotion
- statistical analysis
- international marketing
- public speaking
- applied studies practicums
- business writing
- e-commerce marketing principles
- graphic design
- Business to Business (B2B) Marketing
- Global Marketing Techniques
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy and Management
- Product Management
- Retail and Sales Management
- Logistical Strategies
- Corporations and Financing
- Introduction to Retail
- Introduction to Salesmanship Techniques
For Master’s Level:
- Internet Marketing and E-commerce
- Product Innovation
- Global Marketing Strategies
- Advanced Quantitative Analysis
How to Apply
First, for the mentors that are looking to nominate an individual:
- When it comes to nominating someone, the mentor should include the nominated person’s work/academic resume, and a personal recommendation letter.
For the nominated individuals:
- When the nominee has been notified they will need to accept the nomination to move forward.
- Afterward, students will be asked to send in more additional documentation (research papers, project reports)
So this means the student or nominated individuals do not nominate themselves. Instead, an older individual who has the right eligible criteria for a mentor is only allowed to nominate students.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The recipient of the nomination and eventual award will receive a cash prize equaling $5,500. Along with complimentary conference registration, and a plaque. When the time comes there is a national award brunch that is held, where the winner of this scholarship award is expected to give a brief speech about winning the scholarship.
To be an eligible recipient in 2023, the individual must be nominated before the deadline date of October 8, 2022. If this nomination deadline date is missed, then the individual nominating the possible scholarship awardee will have to wait until October 8, 2023.
All students and individuals who are looking to nominate should read through the associated guidelines to understand what is at stake. All individuals involved with this scholarship should look into what documents are needed from both the nominator/mentor and the student/individual that is looking into this scholarship opportunity.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame ends on October 8, 2022. But is open throughout the summer months. Individuals can send in their student nominations starting in May 2022.
If there happens to be any change to the scholarship deadline or any parts of the awards process, all nominated individuals will be notified via e-mail.
However, we suggest strongly that all individuals who wish to pursue this opportunity frequently check back with the original website of the foundation itself. This is the only sure way to stay on top of the nomination list that will be released in June of 2022, and when the next open submission date will be released.
This is an annual scholarship that has official deadline dates that must be followed.
The Erin Anderson Award for an Emerging Female Marketing Scholar and Mentor SCholarships is awarded each year.
Consult the ‘FAQs’ section first on the company’s website (which is linked on this page). If a question has in fact, not been answered, students may go ahead and contact the phone number that is provided in the contact section.