Apply for undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships. Victoria University of Wellington is pleased to announce the Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship for New Undergraduates. The scholarships are open to international students to study at the university.
Victoria University of Wellington is the oldest university in New Zealand and is known for its programs in law and some scientific disciplines humanities. It is consistently ranked among the world’s best universities.
Why at Victoria University Wellington?
the University urged the candidate to think independently and encourage success. It offers an exceptionally broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs and an outstanding academic community with a global perspective.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be an applicant in the Victoria Tongarewa Scholarships.
What You Need To Know About The Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship
Level/Field of Study
The Scholarship is available to undergraduate and postgraduate degree students in any subject of the university.
The Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship 2022 is hosted in New Zealand. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2022 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The scholarship is open to international students. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for international students.
The scholarship awards up to $5,000 or $10,000 which are to be used toward tuition, books, board, and other college expenses.
- 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 will be available to both undergraduate and postgraduate candidates.
- 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate candidates.
- Scholarships will be paid towards tuition fees
- Eligible countries: applications are accepted from all over the world
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be international, full fee-paying students who have not completed high school at New Zealand Secondary School or who have graduated from Victoria University of Wellington
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for the scholarships, the candidate needs to apply for admission at the university.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must need to meet English language requirements.
How can I apply for The Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship?
- How to apply: The eligible candidates can apply online for the scholarship
- Supporting Documents: Applicant must submit a personal statement outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University, academic goals and why you merit the scholarship, any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community, full transcripts, other relevant documentation relevant to the qualification type.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022, October 31, 2022
We also recommend Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships in Canada, 2022/2023
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are available and applications are invited from Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and International citizens to apply for this scholarship.
You can take advantage of this amazing opportunity to pursue a fulfilling and tuition-free doctorate study in Canada under the Vanier CGS scheme.
Eligibility criteria should be read through carefully.
Brief Description on Vanier CGS
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and keep world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.).
Host Institution (s):
Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination.
PhD programs (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research
An eligible doctoral program must include a significant research component that leads to the completion of a thesis, major research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital, and/or exhibit that is merit/expert-reviewed at the institutional level as a requirement for completion of the program.
Joint graduate research programs with a professional degree (e.g., MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) as well as clinically oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are also eligible programs if they have significant autonomous research component, as described above.
Only Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation can host the scholarship. Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian institution that submitted the nomination.
Number of Scholarships
Up to 167 Vanier CGS scholarships are awarded annually to successful candidates who will pursue their academics to study in Canada.
The scholarships are worth $50,000 per year for three years. Each Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is worth $50,000 per year. Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually.
Who is Eligible for Vanier Canada graduate scholarships?
Only Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- Be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
- Be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Have completed only 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2022
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and
- Not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either the student informs the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program;
OR the institution starts the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system.
The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Click on the Official Scholarship Link to get more information and begin the application
ResearchNet Application Process: General Information
- In ResearchNet, complete all tasks listed for the Vanier CGS application.
- Preview the Full Application Package version of your application in ResearchNet, using the “Preview Application Materials” task, to ensure that your application is complete.
Note: What you see previewed is exactly how your application will look when submitted electronically to the Canadian nominating institution and to the Vanier CGS program.
- Print the entire application.
- Save the PDF version of the entire, completed application.
- Submit the completed electronic application through ResearchNet by completing the “Consent and Submit Application” task. Note: The nominating institution cannot accept your application until you complete this task.
- For technical help, call 1-888-603-4178 or 613-954-1968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- For program-related help, please contact email@example.com.
Completing a Vanier CGS application
Tips: The following tips may help you in completing your application on ResearchNet. They are tips only; it is the responsibility of the student to submit a complete application:
- Bold text and stars indicate mandatory fields.
- It is important to save any additions or changes before navigating away from the task page (s).
- The status of all tasks must be indicated as complete in order for you to submit your application.
- Students should seek the advice of members of their faculty/department on content-related questions and how best to present the information in the application.
Vanier Canada graduate scholarships Application Deadline
The date for submission of applications will be announced soon.