To provide assistance to international and local students in the USA, The Musician Institute in the USA offers the Schecter Nick Johnston Guitar International Scholarship which will award the successful students an amount value of $5,000 that can be applied towards their tuition fee for their first two-quarters of enrollment at the Music Institute.
Schecter Nick Johnston Guitar International Scholarship
Schecter Nick Johnston Guitar International Scholarship was sponsored by Schecter Guitars and created to encourage the educational growth of the new enrolled international or local students to support their education in being admitted and enrolled in Progressive Rock guitar courses at the Musicians Institute at the AA or B.M level.
For the Fall of 2022, the scholarship will be awarded to deserving students who want to further an intermediate or advanced level in the Associate of Arts or Bachelor of Music in Performance. The scholarship targets students who have a passion for musical instruments, demonstrate their skills in being a musician and have unique voice creativity.
Scholarship Provider: Musicians Institute
About the Provider
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International and local
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Music
- Duration: 2 quarter
- Scholarship Awards: $5,000
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding to the scholarship application, interested students must check the eligibility and other requirements of the scholarship program.
- An international or local students
- Must be able to be admitted to the Associate of Arts and Bachelor of Music in Performance.
- Must be a newly admitted student or enrolled/returning student at the Musicians Institute.
Note: The previous awardee of the scholarship is not eligible to apply for the awards.
The application process requires the students to upload a video on YouTube.
- Your YouTube video with three (3) progressive rock songs on electric and/or acoustic guitar. It is mandatory to record two (2) group performances (live band or duo and/or pre-recorded songs in play-along or looper format); and one (1) unaccompanied guitar performance (no songs are accepted for solo composition).
- The scholarship will only be available to the students newly enrolled students. Before submitting the application material, the students must make sure that they already have the Letter of Acceptance from the Admission office at the Musicians Institute.
- The scholarship application is available at the Financial Aid Office or at the Admission Office, it can also be accessed through an online portal provided by the institute.
- The interested applicants must have already submitted their application for admission before the scholarship application deadline.
- The awardee must maintain their enrollment at 12 units or a full-time length period. Failing to maintain enrollment at the institute and academic satisfaction during the fall duration will result in withdrawal f the scholarship awards.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred and cannot be applied to any other person.
Scholarship General Information
- The scholarship is awarded to be applied to a tuition fee only.
- Upon the application reviewed, the total award can only be determined.
- The scholarship awards wil be divided into two quarters and will be credited toward the beneficiary’s tuition fee quarterly.
- The Musicians Institute in sponsorship by Schecter Guitars will be providing a total value of $5,000 towards the student’s tuition fee.
The deadline to complete and submit the scholarship application is until September 2, 2022. The program will be commencing at the beginning of fall 2022. The completed application forms will be reviewed and be notified of their application results within two weeks after the scholarship deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered, however, students can be able to apply for the next scholarship opening date.
International and local students can apply for more Scholarship Opportunities in the USA that offers the best campus and scholarship funding to further their higher education.
Scholarship Important Note
- Scholarship recipients who do not meet the minimum academic requirements at the time of enrollment will lose the remaining balance of the award.
- The applicants must agree to the terms and conditions applied for the scholarship program.
- International students are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English.
Musicians Institute offers more scholarship programs for students who can meet the eligibility requirements for every award. With the help of individual sponsorship, the institute created more and more opportunities for inspiring musicians who want to achieve their passion for music and get their degrees and certificates.
Annually, the institute aims to cover the student’s tuition fees and prioritize the students who have the passion and skills for music. So, if you want to be the next awardee of the Musicians Institute, you must show your skills and motivation to further your music education journey.