International and domestic students are eligible to apply for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship – Undergraduate program. Queen’s University Belfast offers Undergraduate level program(s) in the discipline of All Subjects, and the scholarship permits students to pursue these programs. The deadline for applying for the scholarship is June 9, 2022. Four scholarships, each offering a 50 percent reduction on full tuition fees, are available to exceptionally talented international students who will be beginning their full-time undergraduate studies at Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2022/23 and who will be paying international tuition fees.
About the Scholarship:
Queen’s University is located in Kingston, Ontario. Northern Ireland’s capital city, Belfast, is home to the University of Northern Ireland, which is a member of the elite Russell Group of universities. Queen’s University was formed in its original form in 1845 and was granted university status in 1908. It is located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. The University currently has 24,000 students from over 80 different nations enrolled, and it was recently placed 23rd on the Times Higher Education’s list of the world’s top 100 most international universities. It has received the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education five times, and it is a Top 50 UK employer for women as well as one of the most forward-thinking institutions in the country when it comes to addressing the unequal representation of women in STEM fields. With a strong emphasis on employability, Queen’s University Belfast offers a variety of programs such as Degree Plus, which counts extracurricular activities and work experience as part of a degree, as well as various career workshops with companies and alumni. The University is proud to be an international institution, and it is one of the most popular locations for American Fulbright Scholars throughout Europe and elsewhere. Aside from collaborations with American universities, Queen’s University Dublin has established relationships with institutions in India, Malaysia, and China. A meet and greet service from Belfast International Airport and George Best City Airport is provided by the International Student Support team at the start of each academic year. In addition to presentations on study skills, the city of Belfast, and cultural adjustment, orientation includes participation from a wide range of unions and societies affiliated with the University. In collaboration with INTO, Queen’s University offers in-sessional English language programs. Following the publication of the Research Excellence Framework in 2014, Queen’s University Belfast confirmed its position as a world leader in research. 75 percent of Queen’s University research was deemed ‘world class’ or ‘internationally good,’ and 14 subjects were placed among the top 20 in the world by the British Academy. By building on its disciplinary excellence, the University has established four flagship Global Research Institutes, which bring together leading academics to address some of the most pressing global challenges of our time in the areas of global peace and security; cyber security; health sciences; and food safety. Queen’s is ranked 17th in the world for international outlook (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022) and 9th in the world for research collaboration (Research Excellence Framework 2014). Queen’s is globally connected and networked, and has strategic partnerships with institutions all over the world, including Canada. The establishment of the China Queen’s College (CQC) in Shenyang was made possible by a collaboration with China Medical University. As of 2020, Queen’s University is ranked 1st in the United Kingdom for entrepreneurial impact (Octopus Ventures), and it employs 1,954 people in 37 active spin-out firms (Queen’s Research and Enterprise) as a result of its research. External accolades has included the awarding of the Queen’s Anniversary Prize on seven occasions, the most recent of which was in recognition of world-class accomplishment in shared education and international cyber security. The University has also been recognized with the first Regius Professorship in Northern Ireland, which was bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen for outstanding achievement in the fields of electronics and computer engineering. Queen’s University Belfast is located in the heart of Belfast, which has been named the world’s top tourist destination for 2018 by Lonely Planet (Lonely Planet, 2017). The university is committed to preserving and enhancing its historic campus and surrounding conservation area while also providing cutting-edge facilities for education and research. Over the previous ten years, the University has invested £350 million in the development of world-class facilities, with plans to invest an additional £350 million over the following ten years. Included in this list are a new teaching facility at Queen’s Management School, a new student center, and a cutting-edge state of the art simulation center for students studying medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, and nursing and midwifery at Queen’s University. In addition to on-campus housing, Queen’s University Belfast offers assured housing for international students in a variety of locations on and near the campus. As well as the new Willow Walk residence hall, Queen’s provides housing in a purpose-built’student town’ called Elms Village, located south of the main campus and south of the main campus. There are also a number of residences available in the South Belfast area, including at College Gardens and on Mount Charles, amongst other locations. Located in Belfast, the capital city of Northern Ireland, which is a constituent of the United Kingdom, Queen’s University is a public research university. A number of foreign publications have praised Belfast as “Europe’s friendliest and most fashionable regional city” and “one of the most fashionable places to visit and live” in the world. Belfast has a population of about half a million people, accounting for nearly a third of the total population of Northern Ireland. The city is easily accessible by air, as it is served by two airports. The majority of international students arrive in Belfast through one of London’s five airports, where there are up to 35 flights every day that take less than an hour.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen’s University Belfast
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: 50% Tuition Reduction
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Queen’s University Belfast will give 50 percent reduction on tuition fees paid for all years of a degree, up to a maximum of four years. (Including advanced entrance into Year 2 or Year 3)..
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Students must have received an offer for a full-time eligible undergraduate program beginning in the academic year 2022/23 at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, which has been confirmed as their FIRM choice by the UCAS deadline, and they must have met any academic and language requirements associated with their offer, as specified in their offer letter, prior to the start of their program. There are certain exceptions – see Point 10 below.
- In order to be considered for this reduction, students must be classed as foreign fee-paying students who are paying the international tuition fee rate at the time of application. Students who pay fees in the Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the European Union are ineligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship-Undergraduate.
- The scholarship will cover 50 percent of the total cost of tuition fees and will be awarded each year for a total of four years, with a maximum payout of $50,000.
- Candidates must complete the online application form and upload a video as specified on the application form by the deadline of 15:00 BST on June 9, 2022, to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants should make certain that their videos are provided in a timely manner. After the deadline of 15:00 BST on June 9, 2022, any videos received after that time will not be considered.
- In order to be eligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship-Undergraduate award, you must be admitted to Queen’s University Belfast in the fall semester of the academic year 2022/23. You cannot utilize the scholarship for entrance in the following year or for any other year.
- In the event that you choose to postpone your enrollment to the University, your scholarship will not be transferred to another institution.
- Students must raise their own funds.
- We regret that you will not be eligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship-Undergraduate if you are receiving funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living expenses) from an external sponsoring body such as the government, a charitable organization, or a private organization.
- Students enrolled in the following undergraduate programs are ineligible for the Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship – Undergraduate:> Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology, Theology> ALL Distance Learning programs, foundation degree programs, nonstandard fee classes, including part-time classes
- It is possible for students to get scholarship offers from Queen’s University for a variety of different programs, but they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award at a time. For the academic year 2022/23, this will serve as the scholarship award for the course in which they enroll for the first time.
- Before making any changes to their program of study, students must first obtain permission from the International Office of their university. If changes are made without the permission of the scholarship committee, the scholarship may be withdrawn and students may be compelled to reimburse the scholarship in its entire amount.
- Applicants may apply for and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast, but if they are successful, they will only receive the award with the highest dollar value, with the lower dollar value award being cancelled or allocated to another applicant in the future.
- Requests for higher and/or additional funds will not be considered by the University at this time. The sum of the scholarship is non-negotiable and cannot be increased.
- The University’s decision on which scholars will be accepted into the program is final, and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- The University has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify any and all scholarship grants, discounts, and rules.
The Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship – Undergraduate is open to all International Students
Do you want to spend a significant amount of time studying in Canada? A growing number of students are choosing to study in Canada as a more cost-effective alternative to studying abroad. So, if you find yourself in that situation, this article is perfect for you. The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship is awarded to 100 students each year and includes a $4000 college scholarship and a guaranteed paid internship in software engineering.
The online application form should be completed and a kind video submitted describing why you intend to study at Queen’s University Belfast and believe your programme of choice will aid you in your future careeer objectives. Further details can be found on the application form which can be viewed from the link below:
The application deadline for Vice Chancellor’s International Attainment Scholarship – Undergraduate Is 09 Jun 2022