The Postgraduate Scholarship for the South African Students for the academic year of 2022-2023 is now open for all-year academic rounds to give the opportunity to eligible students to pursue their postgraduate studies in the United Kingdom. The scholarship is open to the full-time and on-campus students who are selfly supported and a citizen of South Africa during the application period and will be admitted to the postgraduate degree program at the University of Stirling.
The University of Stirling has a long history of supporting both local and international students to achieve their academic goals and become successful citizen that has achieved their passion for their career and personal life.
The University of Stirling offers a scholarship for South African citizen who wishes to pursue their postgraduate degree full time, the Postgraduate South African Scholarship will be awarded in a form of a tuition fee waiver to help them with their financial barriers and focus on their educational journey.
Scholarship Provider: University of Stirling
About the University
The University of Stirling is one of the universities in the United Kingdom that has ranked at 485 at the QS World Ranking of Global Universities, as one of the top public university, they are also recognized globally with its sole mission to address the needs of the people, students and staffs through innovative and interdisciplinary research, providing a high-quality education and learning experience to both local and international students.
Studying at the University of Stirling has been committed to delivering quality education for the students to have a great impact on their future careers and around the world. The students can choose the number of course programs provided by the university for every field they choose in the future. As an international university, they pioneered a global and spiritual reputation and are passionate about what they do.
Aiming to be recognized all around the world, the core strength of the university is the people, the people who believe in the universities mission and strategies for education. By building success, the university invested with the best professors around the world to provide strategies for research, teaching, and international partnerships.
The university was founded in the year 1967 and has always been driven to transform the innovation and mission to give the students the right knowledge and skills they may be needing to make an impact on their careers internationally. Every step that the university does is to make a positive difference in every people’s life and staff, extending more opportunities and helps to the global communities they serve. Their Constance desire to improve and innovate education leads to more difference in the society.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: South Africa
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by the university
- Duration: NA
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Scholarship Awards: £4,000
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Commencement Date: September 2022 or January 2023
To proceed with the application process, the students must be able to meet the eligibility of the scholarship.
- Interested applicants must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must have received an offer of admission for the postgraduate degree at the University of Stirling commencing on September 2022 or by January 2023.
- Must be classified as an international paying student for the tuition fee purpose.
- Living in South Africa or South African student during the application period.
- Have good communication skills in oral and written English, all course programs will be delivered in the English language.
- The scholarship will only be available to the students who wish to pursue their postgraduate degrees at the University of Stirling.
- The awards will only be available to the students directly entering a full-time at the university.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship or bursaries at the University of Stirling. The students who have received more than one scholarship will only be awarded the highest value award.
The interested qualified students will automatically be identified as part of their admission process at the University of Stirling. There will be no separate application needed for the award, the international students who hold an offer will be considered for the scholarship and as part of the admission application at the university.
As part of the student’s admission and application, the students must submit the following documents to support their application:
- Copies of academic certificates and certificates
- Academic transcript of records on the applicant’s undergraduate degree program
- If the students are still on their undergraduate degrees, they may be able to submit their interim transcript and the university currently enrolled too will be advising the students on how to obtain one.
- A reference letter, the reference should be from one of the professionals who know about your work and ability to attest to your academics.
- A supporting statement is an essay on your chosen field of study at the university.
- Translated transcript of records
South African students are required to meet the minimum score of language requirements of the university, students can use to the following:
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2
- TOEFL iBT
The successful students will be receiving an amount of £4,000 to be used towards their tuition fee or as a tuition fee waiver. Beneficiaries of the scholarship awards must be able to read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
Failure to meet the maintaining merits for the awards will lead to withdrawal of the scholarship and must be able to pay their tuition fee.
Keep in mind that the award can only be used towards the tuition fee reduction and no other financial support will be given, students must be able to pay for their accommodation fee and other related fees for their stay in the United Kingdom.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is all year round for the academic year of 2022-2023 for the postgraduate degree at the University of Stirling.