The purpose of this fellowship is to provide financial support to students from underserved communities who are pursuing advanced degrees in primary healthcare and are located in rural or geographically isolated places (Diabetes Management and Education). The successful applicant for this scholarship should show strong interest in pursuing a career in the Northern Territory.
The awarding of the scholarship has been made possible by the extraordinarily generous contribution made by the Connellan Airways Trust.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Because of its forward thinking, student-centered goal, and emphasis on alumni employment success, Flinders Institution is an excellent example of a university that has adapted to the 21st century. Going above and above is what it means to take a gamble on one’s future while attending Flinders University. On campus, you will find everything you require to achieve academic success and more. When it comes to contemporary educational institutions, Flinders University is right up there with the best of them. Ranks in the top two percent of universities everywhere in the globe. At Flinders, you will have access to state-of-the-art tools and will be able to study alongside classmates who are as enthusiastic about learning as you are and who will inspire you to put in additional effort in your academic pursuits. To think in an innovative manner, one must possess a mind that is creative, ambitious, and enterprising. At Flinders University, we all take a keen interest in your work and employ it as a benchmark against which we may judge how well we are doing. We are absolutely ecstatic to have been acknowledged as Australia’s premier employer of newly minted college graduates.
Our degrees are recognized by the academic community, and they come with job development opportunities such as internships, practicums, and mentorship programs to help students prepare for their futures in the workforce. According to the Times Higher Education Global University Rankings, Flinders University comes in at number 271 overall and number 43 in the Asia Pacific region (THE World University Rankings 2020). As our company grows, one of our goals is to broaden our global influence by enhancing the connections we have with the communities in which we operate, as well as by better coordinating our efforts in education and research across national borders.
The school is known for its gorgeous landscape, which has a lake and a variety of species that are indigenous to Australia. In addition, the campus is known for its contemporary architecture. Flinders University is located in Bedford Park, which is a campus that is both aesthetically pleasing and very functional. It is often believed that Adelaide is one of the places in the world that offers the highest quality of life at the lowest possible cost. This is due to a number of factors, including its proximity to renowned wine regions, its wealth of parks and open spaces, the high caliber of its cafés and restaurants, and the wide range of experiences offered by its urban culture (Global Liveability Study 2016). At Flinders University, there are various services available to students, all of which are oriented at ensuring that each student has a happy and enlightening experience during their time at university.
We are committed to improving the student experience at Flinders University in a number of ways. Some of these ways include providing a selection of high-quality food and other retail services, health and wellbeing resources and programs, student grants, career and financial counseling, and a large number of social opportunities meant to bring students together and help them make the most of their time at Flinders. The new Flinders Train Station is scheduled to be finished in 2020, at which point it will connect the primary campus of the university to the Tonsley innovation zone as well as the core of Adelaide. The lively core of the area is benefiting from the addition of a wide range of new services as a result of the development of Flinders Village, building of which began the previous year.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $4,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The total value of each award is $4,000. Two scholarships will be given out each year until the money runs out.
- Following the census date that denotes the beginning of each semester, the scholarship will be dispersed in two equal installments.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Scholarship applicants must:.
- Hold either Australian citizenship, permanent residency, or a permanent humanitarian visa; Have a current enrollment in Flinders University’s Graduate Certificate in Primary Health Care (Diabetes Management and Education); and
- Must be working or living in an ASGS Remoteness Areas RA4 or RA5 very remote area; Must not currently be receiving a comparable scholarship.
- How We Make Our Choices
- Awardees will be chosen with preference given to students who have lived in the Northern Territory continuously for at least five years, though all eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Another factor that could be considered is how isolated the applicant’s permanent residence is.
- The student’s commitment to a career in the Northern Territory will be evaluated to determine their eligibility for the scholarship
The Flinders University 2023 Connellan Airways Trust Diabetes Management and Education Scholarship is open to all International Students
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- While applying to Flinders University, please use the online Student System. Applicants should sign in and go to the My Scholarships section of the menu before submitting an application. This scholarship is called the “Connellan Airways Trust Diabetes Management and Education Scholarship,” and its application may be found by searching for the word “Diabetes.” Please ensure that all of your personal facts in the Student System are as up to date as possible, as your performance will be judged using this data.
- Following is a list of items that must be submitted as part of your application:
- Any proof of permanent residence must include both your name and current address. Documents such as these would suffice as proof.
- Acceptable forms of identification include driver’s licenses, proof of age cards, bank statements, utility bills, lease agreements, and voter registration cards.
- You must also include a statement detailing your dedication to working in the Northern Territory
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 Connellan Airways Trust Diabetes Management and Education Scholarship is March 8, 2023