Those interested in applying for the Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship can do so through the Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO) at the University of Oslo. Each year, young researchers from Norway and other countries are invited to CEMO and the University of Oslo as part of the visiting scholar program.
Their goals are to participate in and improve the research community at both institutions, as well as to engage in joint research. It is expected of every Gustafsson & Skrondal Scholar to exemplify the principles of rigorous scientific research and intellectual vivacity that are associated with this namesake.
About the Scholarship Provider:
University of Oslo is not only the best university in Norway but also one of the top institutions in the world. UiO is recognized as the highest university in Norway and is among the top 60 universities in the world. The University of Oregon has a remarkable track record of pioneering research and scientific discovery, as evidenced by the university’s five Nobel Prize recipients.
You are able to combine a high-quality education with life-changing adventures in the great outdoors in close proximity to the city of Oslo, and this is possible throughout all four seasons. Coming to the University of Oslo is a fantastic opportunity to take advantage of Norway’s stunning natural surroundings and the great outdoors. It is not difficult to access the city parks, woodlands, cycling and walking routes, skiing and hiking trails in the area.
The first campus of the University of Oslo may be found in the middle of the city, in close proximity to both the Royal Palace and the Parliament Building. The primary campus of Blindern, which is only a few minutes away from the city center by the metro, the tram, or a bike ride, is located in close proximity to the hills and forests that surround the city, and it also provides spectacular views of the Oslo Fjord..
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Oslo (UiO)
Scholarship Country: Norway
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- It will pay for any expenses incurred by a Gustafsson & Skrondal scholar during their time spent at CEMO, including transportation and lodging.
- In addition, participants are given free use of office space, access to relevant technical equipment and the university library, as well as unrestricted participation in CEMO-sponsored educational programs.
- Although it is the responsibility of each scholar to obtain their own visa, if one is required, we are able to offer administrative assistance with the application process.
- In addition to this, it offers assistance with locating accommodation and completing all of the administrative tasks associated with migrating to a new nation.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants should either currently hold academic positions or be qualified to hold such positions; nevertheless, we encourage applications from a variety of other fields, including those working for intergovernmental organizations and non-profit organizations.
- In most cases, scholarly positions require a doctoral degree or its equivalent.
- The applications will be reviewed based on how well they match the research specializations that CEMO offers, as well as the quality of the applicants’ research and the plans they have for their time spent at CEMO.
The University of Oslo 2023 Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is open to all International Students
If you are a first-year student at the University of London and you are paying the home fee, you should apply for the Full-time Undergraduate Bursary for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of the scholarship is to help incoming freshmen who have shown strong ambition for higher education and a desire to make a positive impact in their communities on their way to achieving their own personal and professional objectives.
Candidates for the position of visiting scholar are required to submit the following materials:
- A personal statement that is two pages long and includes a description of the project that you intend to work on during your stay at CEMO; the expected outcome of your scholarship stay at CEMO; the name of CEMO team member(s) with whom you plan to work and how your proposal connects to their expertise; and the name of CEMO team member(s) with whom you plan to work during your scholarship stay at CEMO. Before submitting your application, you are asked to get in touch with a member or members of the CEMO team and inquire about the possibility of working together. Applicants that have common interests with more than one member of the CEMO team will be given preference when considering their expected contribution to the CEMO’s recommended beginning and ending dates.
- Include the names and contact information for two professional references; one of these references should ideally be a member of the CEMO team.
The application deadline for University of Oslo 2023 Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is July 31, 2023.