Who awards the scholarship?
What benefits do the Chan Catzí (Sembrar Saber) Scholarships offer, State of Veracruz?
The payment of the scholarship to beneficiaries will be solely and exclusively what is established in this student grant, in accordance with the budget availability assigned to the program, it will not be renewable or periodic and the amounts will be as follows:
Higher University Technician (TSU): $2,250.00
Bachelor’s degree: $2,500.00
What are the requirements to achieve one of the Chan Catzí Scholarships (Sembrar Saber), State of Veracruz?
1. Be students who are enrolled from the 2nd grade of primary school, or in any grade of the secondary, bachelor’s, specialist, master’s, or doctorate levels in public educational institutions, with a minimum average of 8.0 (eight points zero ) during the immediately preceding school year.
2. Verify an adverse or vulnerable economic condition, with priority when you live in a municipality cataloged with a very high degree of marginalization (see https://www.segobver.gob.mx/siptransparencia/adjuntos/20180423174817.pdf), as well as indigenous peoples and communities, or when the authority determines that they are in a state of exception, in order that they may continue their academic training.
How do I apply?
REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
For any type of scholarship, the applicant must have an active email, which will be used for registration and connection.
1. Enter “SISBEST” through the portal https://sisbest.sev.gob.mx to generate your username and password. It is important to keep these two items in order to complete the registration process.
2. All the fields of the scholarship application must be registered and it will be required that the content of the information is correct, truthful, and clear.
3. After verifying that the information is correct, the applicant must print the scholarship application, write down her name and sign in handwriting (autograph) in blue or black ink. In the case of a minor, it will be up to you to write down her name and sign the mother, father, guardian, or tutor (same as registered in the “Tutor Data” section of “SISBEST”)
4. Once the scholarship application has been signed, all the documentation required according to the Scholarship modality that corresponds to this student grant must be digitized in PDF format, which must be uploaded to “SISBEST” in the corresponding folder, as long as when it does not exceed a weight greater than 500 KB (the applicant must verify that the documents load correctly and completely in the system).
5. “SISBEST” will assign a Folio at the end of the registration, which must be kept for the results process.
What documents do I need?
The scholarship application process and documentation registration, which must be done online, will be done through the state scholarship portal https://sisbest.sev.gob.mx from a desktop or laptop computer (preferably use the Google Chrome browser), do not do it from a cell phone to avoid signal compatibility problems or other types of technical failures. It is up to the interested person to upload their documents in each assigned section in the State Scholarship System -hereinafter “SISBEST”-. For any type of scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements for the correct integration of their file:
1. Birth certificate of the applicant.
2. CURP of the applicant, which must be updated (issued by the Ministry of the Interior) through the link https://www.gob.mx/curp/
3. Official identification of the applicant (credential of voter ID or valid passport). In the case of being a minor, who must meet this requirement is the mother, father, guardian, or guardian (same as registered in the section “Data of the Guardian” of the “SISBEST”)
4. Scholarship application. The applicant must print the application at the end of filling in the “SISBEST” fields (in the “Scholarship Application” section), write her name and sign in handwriting (autograph) in blue or black ink; in case of being a minor, the person who will write down their name and signature will be the mother, father, guardian or guardian, who has been registered in the section “Data of the Guardian” of the “SISBEST”, with true information and without errors, of in accordance with this student grant. Except for the Human Rights Special Attention Scholarships modality.
5. In case of being the tutor of the applicant for the scholarship, it must be accredited by means of a Certificate of Tutoring for purposes of obtaining the scholarship, duly stamped and signed in handwriting (autograph) in blue or black ink, issued by any of the following instances: State DIF, Municipal DIF, Children, and Adolescent Protection Agency or Specialized Judge in family matters. (Applies only to the Modalities of Special Educational Needs, Chan Catzí, Average, and Excellence). Documents issued by authorities other than those mentioned above will not be accepted.
When registering the scholarship application, the applicant must ensure that they have all the required documentation in accordance with the scholarship modality to be chosen, in order to correctly complete their registration. All documents entered into the “SISBEST” platform must be current and legible.
Without any exception and once the procedure has been completed, no change can be made to the documentation already registered or to the scholarship modality.
6. Report Card
– Primary and Secondary Levels of the 2020-2021 school year: Duly stamped and signed by the educational institution, with a minimum average of 8.0 (eight points zero), without failing subjects. Said proof document may also be accepted with a verification QR code, as long as it allows it to be scanned and read for authentication.
– Higher Technical University Levels (TSU), Bachelor’s, Specialty, Master’s, or Doctorate: Issued by the educational institution, duly stamped and signed in handwriting (autograph) in blue or black ink by the educational authorities Director, Academic Coordinator, or its equivalent, with a minimum average of 8.0 (eight points zero) from the immediately preceding period. You must not submit failing subjects, nor have you submitted an extraordinary, special, regularization, qualification certificate or its equivalent, as the case may be. Said proof document may also be accepted with a verification QR code, as long as it allows it to be scanned and read for authentication. Certificates of studies, cardex, or academic records downloaded from the portals of educational institutions will not be valid.
7. Proof of low resources or unverifiable income: This only applies to applicants from municipalities classified as having a Medium, Low, and Very Low degree of marginalization at any educational level. The document must be issued by the corresponding local authority (Municipal President, Trustee, Secretary of the City Council, Alderman, or Director of Education), in which their adverse or vulnerable economic situation is attested.
The data that must contain is the full name and position of the official or civil servant, the full name of the mother, father, guardian or guardian, current address, town, and municipality, (in case of being of legal age, the record is in the name of the applicant), duly stamped and signed in handwriting (autograph) in blue or black ink by one of the aforementioned authorities, valid no more than 3 months prior to the publication of this student grant.
The procedure is completely free and only online.