The James T. and Rose M. Perryman Family Foundation was created because Mr. and Mrs. Perryman realize how blessed they have been in their lives. Those around them, though, know that those blessings came, in part, through hard work and a commitment to family and their community.
One way they have chosen to demonstrate their desire to help others committed to working hard is through the Perryman Family Foundation scholarship program. The scholarships will be awarded to students who share the Perrymans’ commitment to working harder than their classmates so that they can make a difference in the lives of their families, their neighbors and – as they succeed in their careers – in the world.
Eligibility & Requirements
- If you are a high school, trade school, or college student interested in or already studying technology, engineering, math, or the field of metals, consider applying to be a Perryman Scholar.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- Your overall GPA must be 3.0 or above.
- College applicant’s major must be in technology, engineering, math, or metals.
- You must not have completed more than 5 years of undergraduate or trade school education.
- You must be registered or plan to be registered as a full-time student in your post-secondary program.
- Priority is given to students with-in 150-mile radius of Houston, PA.
- Priority is given to students attending a university within 150-mile radius of Houston, PA.
How to Apply
- Video and essay required.
- For Semi-Finalists: A minimum of 2 letters of recommendation are required. Please note: The Perryman Family Foundation can not accept letters of reference from Perryman Company Employees or Perryman Family members.
- Finalist are required to complete an interview.
- Follow the scholarships application portal link to start applying when the Feb. 1st, 2022 application window opens.
The scholarship amount awarded to each Perryman Scholar will vary. Our focus is to fund up to 97% of tuition capped at $25,000 per year.
Feb 1 – Applications Open | March 30– Applications Close | June 12 – Interviews |
June 30 – Awards – This is an annual scholarship, so check back in 2022 on Feb 1st.