One of the Chaffin Luhana Foundation’s missions is to drive down the staggering number of distracted driving accidents in the United States. The Foundation will be awarding a $2,500 scholarship to a student who helps us in this fight by submitting an inspiring personal essay.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be currently registered at an accredited high school, college, or university in the Greater Pittsburgh area* including Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Northern West Virginia.
- Currently going into or in final year of high school or enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Must be under the age of 25 as of July 31, 2021.
- Scholarship money must be used towards student housing, books, or tuition.
How to Apply
Write an original 500-750-word essay about one of the following topics:
- Personal Experience. Have you had a personal experience with distracted driving? If so, how has it impacted your life?
- Take charge. Create a realistic distracted driving awareness campaign to effectively reduce the number of distracted driving related auto accidents in the U.S. Please include: ways to better educate the public about the dangers of distracted driving; steps that can be taken to prevent new, young drivers from distracted driving; and actionable steps that can be taken to put an end to distracted driving.
- How do you think technology and recent technology advancements have impacted the rise of distracted driving in the United States? Also, how big of a role do you believe that technology can have in putting an end to distracted driving?
You must post on social media tagging The Chaffin Luhana Foundation (@ChaffinLuhanaFoundation) and Chaffin Luhana LLP (@ChaffinLuhana) to let us know you submitted your essay, and briefly explain why you think this cause is important. Make sure to include your social post link in your essay submission form (your post must be made public in order for us to see it!)
One student who meets the eligibility criteria and attends a high school, college, or university within the Greater Pittsburgh Area will be awarded a one-time $2,500 scholarship.
Deadline & Annual
The deadline is July 31, 2021 and this is now an annual scholarship.