The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
Established through the Will of Cecil John Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes Scholarship was a truly visionary project for its time. Over a hundred years later, the Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program in the world, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to undertake full-time postgraduate study at the University of Oxford, (ranked first internationally in the Times Higher Education rankings for 2017 and 2018).
- Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
- All applicants must show their literary and scholastic achievements.
- Applicants must show their full ability to pursue a certain area like music or sports with complete energy.
- Must show truth, courage, devotion to their studies, and fellowship.
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
How to Apply
Applicants must follow the website criteria, and first identify if they would fit for the eligibility asked.
Applicants may only submit one application in a single year. However, if they are unsuccessful in their first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, they may subsequently re-apply once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
The Rhodes Scholarship is for two years in the first instance. The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University (and College) fees as well as providing an annual stipend. For the 2021/22 academic year, the stipend will be £17,310 (£1,442.50 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependents.
The deadline is always the first Wednesday of October. In this case, October 6, 2021.
This is an annual scholarship that has a deadline of every first Wednesday of October. This deadline is still open for students to submit their applications.