Applicants for PhD study in mathematics at Swansea University are invited to submit their applications. It is anticipated that the Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research will provide funding for the studies through their UKRI/EPSRC award “Heilbronn Doctoral Partnership (HDP) 2022.”
Students enrolled in this program can anticipate to engage in summer seminars in years 1-3, in addition to conducting cutting-edge research throughout the program. It is anticipated that these will last around 4 weeks and will be residential in character (with extra costs covered as appropriate).
A research project can be conducted in any of the following fields:
- Algebra, Geometry, and Topology are three of the most important subjects in school.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence are both aided by mathematical and computational methodologies.
- Differential Equations using a Partial Differential
- Statistics and (noncommutative) probability are two branches of stochastic analysis.
The Department of Mathematics’ Research and Impact section contains detailed information about the department’s research directions. To be considered, applicants must have an interest in one or more of the research fields listed above.
About the Scholarship:
Because of the University of Northampton’s aim to alter lives and inspire change, we want to make sure that your stay at the university is fruitful, rewarding, and fun. They provide courses that are relevant to the industry, which are delivered on a brand new campus. The University is actively committed to ensuring that you receive all of the assistance you require during this critical chapter of your life. Face-to-face instruction is made more effective by the latest technological advancements, which allow students to study in a more flexible manner. Apart from that, Northampton University is distinguished by its commitment to social impact, which encourages employees and students to make a constructive contribution to society. All of the courses and extra-curricular activities are designed to promote the belief that everyone has the ability to make a good impact on society – that modest improvements may build up to make the world a better place in the long run. A few minutes’ walk from Northampton’s town centre, the university’s new Waterside campus is a great place to study. Aiming to provide a more personalized experience of teaching and learning, as well as exceptional opportunities to acquire academic knowledge and life skills, it is purpose-built and created specifically for this goal. Classes are taught in the form of seminars or tutorials, which encourage closer interaction between students and academic staff by providing more opportunities to ask questions, discuss ideas, build teamwork skills, and receive thorough feedback on their work. With a Meet and Greet service from Heathrow, which is available for free on selected dates, and a Welcome Programme that includes social activities and all the practical advice needed for things like opening a bank account, finding a part-time job, getting a National Insurance number, and registering with a doctor, students can get settled in as quickly as possible. The Student Information Desk is a one-stop shop for answers to all of your everyday queries regarding living at the University, including everything from disability to visas, counseling to mental health assistance. The Multi-Faith Chaplaincy brings the entire university community together, regardless of religious affiliation, sexual orientation, or gender, and the Students’ Union is one of only two in England that offers free sports and societies to students of all ages and backgrounds. Northampton University is thrilled to be recognized as one of the greatest Teaching Universities in the United Kingdom, having received Gold status – the highest possible rating – in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The results of pupils’ studies were deemed “excellent” by the government. The University’s new on-campus student village is only a few hundred meters away from the academic buildings where you will be studying and doing research. Students have the option of residing in one of the five-story apartments or one of the four-story townhouses with landscaped courtyards, depending on their preference. While most students prefer the convenience of living on-campus, the University also provides a variety of rooms in Halls of Residence located off-campus that are affordable for students of all financial backgrounds. Whatever you select, they will be fully equipped with all utilities included in your rent, with the exception of a television license, which you will have to purchase if you have one. Rooms are equipped with network and WiFi access, which allows them to be connected to the University’s computer network. On-campus security is provided around the clock, and CCTV cameras are installed around the campus. Additionally, the Residential Life Team provides pastoral support and assistance to all students living on campus. Northampton is about 90 minutes away from Leicester Square in central London and is within easy driving distance of other major cities such as Birmingham, Luton, Milton Keynes, and Leicester, to name a few examples. Northampton is served by five international airports, and it also has strong road and rail connections to the rest of the United Kingdom and European countries. Close to campus, students can take advantage of nationally acclaimed music venues and theatres, multiplex and arthouse cinemas, and a plethora of restaurants, bars, and cafés. The county known as ‘The Rose of Shires’ is home to rolling countryside, castles, and canals that are just waiting to be discovered. Located in Swansea, Wales’ second-largest city, which is well-known for its thriving cultural scene, the university is a great place to study or work. With its beautiful waterfront campuses, Swansea University attracts students from all over the world, making it a sought-after destination for students. Swansea University’s two campuses have been awarded the prestigious Green Flag Status Award, making them the first and only Welsh dual-campus university to receive this prestigious honor. Swansea University, one of the world’s leading research-intensive universities, has seen a 70 percent increase in research income over the last ten years, making it one of the most successful in the world. The university has eight colleges spread across both the Singleton Park and Bay campuses: the College of Engineering, the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Human and Health Sciences, the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, the School of Management, the Swansea University Medical School, the College of Science, and the College of Swansea University itself. Several prestigious organizations, including the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA), the British Computer Society (BCS), the British Psychological Society (BPS), the Royal Aeronautical Society, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), The Bar Council of India, the Solicitors Regulation Authority, and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), have recognized Swan. The university has compiled a list of distinguished alumni who have made significant contributions to their respective fields. Annabelle Apsion (film actress), Geoffrey Thomas (President of Kellogg College, Oxford), Jonathan Hill (Presenter of Wales Tonight on ITV Wales), Jason Mohammad (Television/Radio Presenter at BBC Wales), Chris White (English International Rugby Referee), Graham Ryder (geologist, lunar scientist, and recipient of the Barringer Medal in the year 2003), and Physicist Evan James Williams are just a few of the notable alumni of Swansea University who have achieved
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swansea University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £15,609
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
It will cover the full cost of tuition fees as well as an annual stipend at the UKRI rate (currently £15,609 for the academic years 2021/22) for four years. Additionally, funds will be made available for additional research expenses.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order to be considered, applicants must meet all of the following/provided criteria:
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree with first or upper second-class honours, or a master’s degree with distinction, in a related field.
Several undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship possibilities exist in Spain and Portugal, which are financed by the governments of both countries, as well as institutions and other private foundations and organizations. PhD scholarships in Spain and Portugal is a full scholarship package to study in Spain and Portugal, as well as other countries. Students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
The Swansea University 2022 Heilbronn Doctoral Partnership International PhD Scholarships in UK is open to all International Students
- Interested in learning more and being qualified? To apply, visit the Swansea University website at www.swansea.ac.uk.
- Fill out the online application form with the following information to be considered for the position:
- Optional course selection: Mathematics / Ph.D. / Full-time / 3 Year / October (please specify).
- If you have previously applied for the above program, the application system may issue a warning notice and prohibit you from submitting your application. In this case, please contact [email protected] where staff will be pleased to assist you in completing your application.
- Please select the year 2022 as the starting point.
- On page 8, you can find information about funding.
- ‘Are you self-funding your studies?’ I inquire. – please make your selection No
- The following information should be entered in the ‘Name of Individual or Organization Providing Funds for Study’ field: RS77 – Heilbronn Doctoral Partnership.
- *It is the applicant’s obligation to provide proper information when submitting an application; please be aware that applications submitted without the required information will not be considered for the scholarship grant.
- It is necessary to submit a separate application for each each Swansea University led research scholarship award; applications that list multiple Swansea University led research scholarship awards will not be evaluated.
- To submit your online application, you must attach the following documents in addition to your resume (please do not send these materials by email):
- Certificates of completion and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter that includes a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ that explains why the role is a good match for your talents and expertise, as well as how you intend to proceed with the project, is required.
- On letterhead or by completing the Swansea University reference form, submit two references (from an academic or previous workplace). Please keep in mind that we are unable to accept references citing private email addresses, such as those from Hotmail. Referees should include their employer’s email address in order for the reference to be verified.
- Demonstration of compliance with the English Language requirement (if applicable).
- a copy of the residence visa for the United Kingdom (if applicable)
The application deadline for Swansea University 2022 Heilbronn Doctoral Partnership International PhD Scholarships in UK Is April 19, 2022