This undergraduate scholarship is better known at the Papua New Guinea University of Technology ‘The Tertiary Education Student Assistance.’ This opportunity allows for extra funding from the government of PNG to students that fit the eligibility.
Undergraduate courses available at Papua New Guinea University of Technology include:
- Communication in Development
- Applied Economics
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Property Studies
- Applied Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Food Technology
- Computer Data Programs
This is not a complete list of the available undergraduate studies available at the university. Students should check the original website link to go through the studies list and see which subject they would like to apply towards.
- This scholarship is only available for one year of study per student. However, if the student is taking a study that extends past a year, that student is automictically in the drawing for a merit version of this scholarship.
- This is a financially based scholarship option. Which means students will need to share their financial struggles whether it’s covering tuition cost, accommodation, student resources, travel or excess fees.
- International students are welcome to apply. This is for both international and local citizens.
- Since this scholarship is not based on merit it may be mandatory that the scholarship committee look at the grades that the student tends to receive throughout their studies.
- To be considered for this scholarship even more so throughout the scholarship winners duration, they must ensure that they financial struggles will last for a year. Or the full duration of the scholarship.
- The university is a technology institute meaning with admissions a student will need a letter of reference from a faculty member who sees that the student will be a value to tech society.
This is a financial scholarship which requires students to have financial issues when applying. If a student can afford to pay off virtually everything than they are not considered an eligible candidate.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is by signing up or applying for admission to the university. From their as an undergraduate a student will be able to send in their financial information to receive more funding from the Papua New Guinea government. This is also a government-based scholarship.
After the student has become a new welcomed student to the university, if they are an international student they will need to be sure to acquire a student visa. This is a student visa is needed before arriving to the university.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Depending on what financial stress the student may be experiencing there are a number of areas that they can ask funding for, this includes tuition cost, accommodation, student resources, travel or excess fees. This can be an amount up to $10,000 or more depending on the cost of a specific subject studies cost.
Deadline Time Line
Online applications has been extended to August 20, 2023. This is sudden change students should check back with the original website often to ensure they do not miss a deadline date.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
Anytime before August 20, 2023 and after January 1, 2023. This gives students a few months to correctly fill out their admissions form to send to the university to possibly be accepted as a new student to the university.
The open submission window time frame follows the same time frame as the application processing window for admissions. That means that each student should look towards the actual deadline and open window date for when the university is accepting admissions applications for students to apply to study there.
If the student is an international student not from the country, then they will need to plan and inquire for a student visa before arriving. This is the best way to have a student visa as some countries do require students to have their student visa on them once they arrive at the student destination.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Option
This is an annual scholarship that lasts for the given time frame or how long the research project needs to be conducted. This is not a renewable scholarship research option. There may be option to receive a higher funding percentage depending on the student financial or low income background and current state of living.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.