Since 2012, Thermo Fisher Scientific has offered scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students in the life sciences.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Their mission is to enable their customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether their customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, they are here to support others.
Their global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through there industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be a legal resident of the 50 U.S. states or District of Columbia as of August 5, 2021.
- Must 18 years or older.
- Must be enrolled as a Graduate Student, or Undergraduate Student at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Students must have a declared major of biology, chemistry, bio-chemistry or a related life science field.
- All undergraduate Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors must have cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Undergraduate Freshmen must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply
If selected as a potential scholarship recipient, you will be required to submit an official transcript to Sponsor by the date communicated by Sponsor in the award notification. You may submit only one Application, using only one name and address. Multiple Applications are prohibited and will cause that applicant to be disqualified.
Each eligible Application will be reviewed and evaluated by a scholarship committee consisting of approximately 6–15 internal employees with scientific backgrounds in R&D, technical support, program management, or in marketing and quality control, who have been selected by Sponsor to select scholarship recipients by August 5, 2021. Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of those applicants who the committee determines best fit one or more of Sponsor’s values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation or Involvement, as demonstrated by the Application.
Deadline & Annual
May 5, 2022 is the next deadline sine the 2021 deadline has passed. This is an annual program scholarship that will be awarded to 6 individuals, but only one will be rewarded with $10,000.